FREE AMAZON VOUCHERS on Telegram> JOIN
Pages, the word processor for Mac developed by Apple. In this series of tutorials we see together to take the first steps to become experts! Part44: How to Add citations and bibliographies using EndNote
Add citations and bibliographies using EndNote
Pages supports EndNote X2, a software that allows you to search and manage references and to create bibliographies. To use these features, you must have installed EndNote X2 and have assigned a default library in EndNote X2 to open when EndNote X2 is open.
Note: If you downloaded Pages from the App Store on your Mac, you may need to install the Pages EndNote plugin.
To add and edit a quote:
- Place the insertion point where you want the quote to appear in the document, then choose Insert> EndNote Quote. EndNote X2 opens automatically and the “Find EndNote Quote” window appears.
- Type the text in the "Find Citation" field, then press the Return key to search the EndNote X2 library for corresponding citations. Limit the search scope by clicking on the magnifying glass in the "Find Citation" field, then select an option to search.Order quotes by clicking on a column header.
- Use the controls in the "Find EndNote citations" window to select the display options of the citations in the document. Select the Author or Year options to hide the author or year information in the quotation. Enter a page range in the " Citation Range ”for the citation in the document to display a page range. Type the text in the Prefix and Suffix fields you want to display before or after the citation. Select Only in Bibliography to add the citation to the bibliography, but not include it in the document.
- Select a citation from the list and click Insert. The citation is added to the document. When you insert the first citation into the document, a bibliography is added at the end of the document. If the document already contains a bibliography, it will be updated to include the new citation.
- To change the format of citations and bibliographies, choose Composition> EndNote Citations> Bibliography Format, then select an option for the bibliography style.You can also choose Composition> EndNote Citations> Manage Citations, then select an option for the bibliography style. from the Bibliography pop-up menu.
- To delete a citation in the document, select the citation and press Delete. In addition, you can double-click on the bibliography, select the citation in the "Manage citations" window and click Delete (). The citation is deleted from the document and the bibliography is updated.
- To delete a citation that appears only in the bibliography, choose Composition> EndNote Citations> Manage Citations. Select a quote in the "Manage Quotes" window, then click Delete ().
The citation is removed from the bibliography.
To add and edit a bibliography:
- Place the insertion point where you want to view the bibliography in the document, then choose Insert> EndNote Bibliography.
- To edit a bibliography, choose Composition> EndNote Citations> Bibliography or double-click Bibliography. To change the format of the citation and bibliography, choose the desired format from the Bibliography pop-up menu. The bibliography format options are a group of default formats. To update the bibliography format options, restart EndNote X2, then restart Pages.
Note: in a document you can make only one automatic update of the bibliography at a time. If a bibliography is already present in the document, another bibliography will be added as text only and will not be updated when you add or delete citations. To paste a bibliography that updates automatically, you must delete the existing bibliography, then paste the new bibliography.
Are you looking for discounted smartphones? Buy them at the best price on >>> Amazon!
DO YOU WANT AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED FOR FREE? FIND HOW!
. (tagsToTranslate) tutorial pages (t) apple