The ranking of the most retweeted tweets of 2018: a portrait of Italians on social media and then the 30 most followed Italian accounts on Twitter, discover the data
The most retweeted tweets of 2018 say a lot about the Italians and their passions, about what moves us, what makes us like or makes us retweet a post on social media. The true measure of social success, in fact, lies in interactions, in short the number of likes or retweets is more important than, for example, the number of followers. This is why it is important to analyze the most retweeted tweets, in particular those of 2018, the current year.
The most retweeted tweets of 2018: the analysis
The tweet analysis with more interactions was the most retweeted and was more like using the advanced TalkWalkerr software that examined all the tweets of Italian accounts of 2018 to compile a ranking of the most retweeted tweets in the streets.
The most retweeted tweets of 2018 in Italy
Football wins and wins, the true Italian passion is the ball game with 22 men chasing after it. In fact those on football are the most retweeted tweets of 2018 in Italy.
20) The 40-year-old BuffonThe post dedicated to Gianluigi Buffon's 40 years by Juventus collects 2,820 Retweets and 7,941 Likes and 240 comments = 11,001 interactions
Greetings from all of us, Captain @ gianluigibuffon! # GIG1BDAY pic.twitter.com/TGLm6LB6kC
JuventusFC (@juventusfc) 28 January 2018
19) Trashitaliano on the Royal Wedding2.767 Retweets, 8.366 Likes, 50 Comments = 11.183 Interactions Royal Wedding enters the ranking of the most retweeted tweets in Italy
The best photos of this #RoyalWedding. pic.twitter.com/4VXnKJehTa
trashitaliano.it (@trash_italiano) 19 May 2018
18) Carr tribute to FrizziAnswers 153; Retweet 1.357; I like 10.432 = 11.942 interactions
The death of Fabrizio Frizzi has greatly affected the Italians and in the ranking more retweeted by Italian accounts in 2018, three are dedicated to the kind presenter
How much pain. "I'm good I follow the treatment and make it" Cos told me days ago. I pray crying a decent person, a friend. #FabrizioFrizzi
Raffaella Carr (@raffaella) 26 March 2018
17) Matteo Renzi guest at #chetempochefa
Matteo Renzi who admits defeat and says he will not try to form a government enters neitweet more retweeted in 2018 and collects 1,972 retweets 8,632 likes and 2,078 comments = 12,682 interactions
We are serious. Those who have lost the elections cannot go to the Government. We cannot return from the window after the Italians have let us out of the door. The games of the Roman fireplaces cannot be worth more than the Italians # chetempochefa
Matteo Renzi (@matteorenzi) 29 April 2018
16) Benji & Faith dedicates to a fan
Answers 1,249; Retweet 3,469; I like 7.914 = 12.632
All our thoughts are for Syria and her family, which we had the pleasure of meeting last year by going to her home to try to get her a smile at a difficult time. There are no words .. Thanks for always giving us so much love, we will miss you. pic.twitter.com/bMO9p3tyho
Benji & Fede (@BenjieFede) 27 January 2018
15) Alessandro del Piero dedicates to Pirlowith 1,837 retweets and 10,807 likes with 157 comments = 12.801 interactions: Del Piero's dedication to Pirlo for his retreat is ranked 15 of the most retweeted tweets
We looked for you in the field, trusting you, your vision, your technical skills, your making football easy even under pressure. Only a true Master could succeed in gathering so many Champions here: a real pleasure to honor you as you deserve. # ADP10 pic.twitter.com/Gwq7rWRyiQ
Alessandro Del Piero (@delpieroale) 21 May 2018
14) Elio and the Stesi Tese SanremoAnswers 434; Retweet 2565; I like 10648 = 13.647
Getting to Sanremo last may not be bad, at least for Elio and Lestorie Tese who with this "success" enter the retweeted ranking of 2018.
We made it! We are LAST! Thank you all! And now #ARRIVEDORCI! # Sanremo2018 pic.twitter.com/EHmy9xU9M1
elioelestorietese (@eelst) 10 February 2018
13) Rudy Zerbi tribute to FrizziAnswers 100; Retweet 3.371; I like 10.596 = 14.067
A memory of Fabrizio Frizzi and his deputy donated to one of the most beautiful 3D threads: Toy Story enters neitweet more retweeted by Italian accounts in 2018
To infinity and beyond. #FabrizioFrizzi pic.twitter.com/9YKIbP5iju
Rudy Zerbi (@RudyZerbi) 26 March 2018
12) Pope Francis wishes for the Feast of the FatherAnswers 463; Retweet 2.475; I like 11.247 = 14.187
Dear pap, best wishes on your day! Be for your children like Saint Joseph: guardians of their growth in age, wisdom and grace.
Pope Francis (@Pontifex) March 19, 2018
11) Inter vs LazioAnswers 328; Retweet 5687; I like 8398 = 14.413
OVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #LAZIOINTER 2-3 !!!!
WE'RE BACK, #INTERISHERE !!!!!! #FORZAINTER !!!!! pic.twitter.com/f7lmypxTFD
Inter (@Inter) May 20, 2018
10) Fiorello tribute to Fabrizio Frizzinow deleted
9) Fedez announces the birth of his son LeoneAnswers 569; Retweet 2043; I like 12.309 = 14.921
Only two emojis to say that Leone, the son of Fedez and Chiara Ferragni, born and immediately the tweet goes in the top 10 most retweeted deitweet
Fedez (@Fedez) 20 March 2018
8) Salvini thanks after the electionsAnswers 2.198; Retweet 2.406; I like 10.731 = 15.335
After the election results, Salvini thanks and enters the 8th most retweeted post in 2018
My first word: THANK YOU! pic.twitter.com/DRXiWVAHQp
Matteo Salvini (@matteosalvinimi) 4 March 2018
7) Roberto Saviano comments on the facts of MacerataAnswers 2.452; Retweet 4,567; I like 10.418 = 17.437
The moral instigator of the events of Macerata Matteo Salvini. He and his reckless words are now a deadly danger to the democratic estate. Who today, especially at the highest institutional levels, does not realize it, is mortgaging our future.
Roberto Saviano (@robertosaviano) 3 February 2018
6) Juventus ScudettoAnswers 457; Retweet 7.555; I like 14.097 = 22.109
A Scudetto is well worth a tweet and so the 7th Scudetto in a row enters at 6 among the most retweeted itweet of 2018
It is over, bianconeri! AND FINISHED! WE ARE FOR THE SEVENTH CONSECUTIVE TIME CHAMPIONS OF DITALIA! WE ARE ENTERING THE MYTH! # MY7H # FinoAllaFine #ForzaJuve pic.twitter.com/iba8T2aTsp
JuventusFC (@juventusfc) May 13, 2018
5) Farewell to Buffon at JuventusAnswers 1,069; Retweet 5.595; I like 21.724 = 28.388
This was a family from which I learned so much # UN1CO pic.twitter.com/89spdI1kCG
Gianluigi Buffon (@gianluigibuffon) 17 May 2018
4) Rome vs BarcelonaAnswers 813; Retweet 10.353; I like 23.359 = 35.525
Rome's historic feat is in 4th place among the most retweeted events of 2018 in Italy.
WE ARE IN SEMIFINALS OF @ChampionsLeague!
WE PASSED US! HAVE YOU CAPITOOOOOOOOO ?!
WE PASSED US! WE! NOOOOOOOOI!
DAJE REGA ’! DAJE ROME! DAJE ROME! DAJE ROMAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
WE ARE THE … ROME! THE … ROME! THE … ROME! #RomaBarca 3-0 (4-4) #ASRoma #UCL pic.twitter.com/qjQBdmAJfU
AS Roma (@OfficialASRoma) 10 April 2018
3) Dybala Italian Cup
Answers 645; Retweet 6.233; I like 31.081 = 37.969
This cup is still ours! Great victory! #CoppaItalia #JuveMilan # 4ZAJUVE pic.twitter.com/3c98evPQtM
Paulo Dybala (@PauDybala_JR) May 9, 2018
2) Juventus vs Real MadridAnswers 1.108; Retweets 12.241; I like 29.381 = 42.730
JuventusFC (@juventusfc) 11 April 2018
1) The death of Davide Astori captain of FiorentinaThe premature death of Fiorentina captain Davide Astori is the first of the most retweeted tweets of 2018, a great pain that saw all football fans united, beyond cheering
Replies 6,473; Retweet 84.806; I like 158.303 = 259.582
Fiorentina, deeply upset, finds herself forced to communicate that her captain Davide Astori has disappeared, seized by a sudden illness. pic.twitter.com/bFGnkReWEC
ACF Fiorentina (@acffiorentina) 4 March 2018
Tweets more retwitt 2018 in Italy
Football, we said it dominates in the most popular tweets in Italy in 2018, 8 out of 20 of the posts in the rankings concern the sport most loved by Italians, or as much as 40%. The disappearance of people loved by Italians represents 20% in the Tweet ranking.
The most followed Italian accounts on Twitter
Below is a list of Italian Twitter accounts with the most followers among those who have received more engagement (retweet + like) in the last year. Thanks to the TalkWalker analysis, the profiles that over the last 12 farms generated more interactions on social networks and were sorted by number of followers were identified. Also in this case football dominates: 50% of the 30 Italian accounts most followed on Twitter belongs to this world: they are teams or players. The first account not linked to football is that of Valentino Rossi (3rd), followed by Pope Francis at 4, Jovanotti at 5 and Mattero Renzi at 6, from 7 to 11 are all footballers or former footballers, while at 12th place is the TV program Le Iene.
1) ACMilan – 6.77M2) JuventusFC – 6.07M3) Valentino Rossi – 5.66M4) Pope Francis – 4.96M5) Jovanotti – 3.94M6) Matteo Renzi – 3.44M7) Gianluigi Buffon – 3.2M8) Andrea Pirlo – 2.78M9) Alessandro Del Piero – 2.52M10) Giorgio Chiellini – 2.41M11) Carlo Ancelotti – 2.36M12) The Hyenas – 2.22M13) Claudio Marchisio – 2.04M14) Fedez – 2.01M15) Roberto Saviano – 1.71M16) AS Roma – 1.66M17) Inter – 1.6M18 ) Official SSC Napoli – 1.37M19) Rosario Fiorello – 1.35M20) Mauro Icardi – 1.33M21) Paulo Dybala – 1.19M22) TIM Serie A – 1.18M23) Leonardo Bonucci – 1.55M24) Michele Bravi – 904K25) Rudy Zerbi – 912K26) Emis Killa – 901K27) Wild Lucarelli – 857K28) God – 806K29) Matteo Salvini – 729K30) Alessandro Florenzi – 657K
2018 social network statistics: all data on Italy and world users
Most followed Instagram profiles 2018: the top 20
Internet trends 2018: the complete report by Mary Meeker