FREE AMAZON VOUCHERS on Telegram> JOIN
Complete guide to tethered jailbreak on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 iOS 6
Yesterday, Apple officially released the final version of iOS 6 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
As we have seen in our dedicated article
at the moment the Jailbreak procedure is only possible for some Apple devices, precisely on iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS.
After having clarified which devices can be Jailbreak after the update to iOS 6, let's see together how to Jailbreak iOS 6 on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4.
Recall that it is Jailbreak Tethered, pFor which you will need to connect the iPhone to the computer in case the device shuts down or is restarted.
With that said, let's get started.
Tethered jailbreak guide on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 iOS 6
Warning: the procedure currently only works on Mac.
1. Install iOS 6 on your device and download the mobile operating system to your computer. You can download it from this link
2. Now make sure the iPhone is connected to the computer and put it in DFU mode
3. Download RedSn0w 0.9.13dev4 from this page
4. Launch RedSn0w, click on Extras> Select IPSW and select the firmware downloaded previously
5. Click on Back and then on Jailbreak. Make sure that Install SHSH is selected and click on Next.
6. Wait for the procedure to be successful and, once the iPhone has restarted, bring it back to DFU mode
7. Now from RedSn0w select Just Boot and shortly after you will see the logo of a pineapple appear on the screen. When the iPhone has rebooted, you can close Redsn0w
Now you need to manually install Cydia:
1. From the iPhone, go to Settings> Wi-Fi and click on the blue arrow next to the name of the WiFi router. Store your IP address (in the example below 10.0.1.27)
2. Now from the computer connect to the same Wi-Fi network as the iPhone and open the Terminal on your Mac
3. From here writessh [email protected](obviously the number changes according to your IP address):
4. After a few seconds you will be connected to SSH: enter the alpine passwor and press enter
5. At this point, copy and paste the following string into Terminal:
wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://downloads.kr1sis.net/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh
6. After about a minute, the iPhone will restart and Cydia will be installed automatically. If a permission error appears in Terminal, ignore it.
Well, I'd say we're done.
In this way we have:
- Jailbreak on iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS updated to iOS 6
- installed Cydia manually on iOS 6.
For doubts, problems or questions, use the comments.
Are you looking for discounted smartphones? Buy them at the best price on >>> Amazon!
DO YOU WANT AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED FOR FREE? FIND HOW!
. (TagsToTranslate) guides (t) apple (t) jailbreak (t) iphone