It can happen to everyone to forget something, but in the case of the router provided by Telecom (today TIM) forgetting the password to access the configuration screen of the modem will not allow you to change any important settings or to adjust the port forwarding to be able to have some services accessed from outside. Fortunately, you've come to this guide! Here will explain where to find the Telecom modem password by default and, if you have changed this password but do not remember the new one, how to return to the factory settings.
Telecom modem password
For security reasons it is always convenient to change the default password, but if you should forget it, you need to know how to enter the modem management page to set the configurations. Read on to find out how.
If you have not changed the default password of your Telecom / TIM modem you can try accessing using the following credentials the same for all modems:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
Other standard passwords you can try (leaving your username unchanged) are:
- empty (do not write anything and confirm access only with the username)
- 1 2 3 4
Have you tried these modem passwords and don't work? You can retrieve the access data from the body of the modem, just lift it or lift it to find the label with the information for access. If there is no information on the default access data, you can always check the instruction manual, so as to recover the password set by the operator.
Did you change the default password and don't remember it? Can't find the manual or the label in any way? In these cases, doing a modem reset is the right thing, so that you can later access the modem with the default credentials retrieved from the TIM site (which you will see below).
To reset your Telecom or TIM modem, just follow the procedure described below for each modem model issued by the operator:
- TIM Fiber Modem: the reset button on the back of the device, just keep it pressed for 30 seconds
- ADSL2 + Wi-Fi N modem (DA2210): the reset button is located on the top of the modem, again for 30 seconds
- ADSL2 + Wi-Fi N modem: the reset button is located on the back of the modem and must be held down for only 3 seconds
- Technicolor ADSL2 + Wi-Fi N modem: the reset button on the back of the modem and must be kept pressed for 3 seconds
- Alice Gate VoIP 2 plus Wi-Fi: the reset button is located on the back of the device and to reset just keep it pressed for 3 seconds
- Alice Gate2 plus Wi-Fi: some of these models do not have a reset button, while others have a reset button to press for 3 seconds
Alternatively you can retrieve your Telecom or TIM modem password by reading the manuals available at the following link.
LINK | TIM modem
Click on the entries for the TIM modems and find the model identical to yours, so as to recover the instructions for recovery or the method to recover the Telecom modem password.
Do you want to find out how to recover WiFi password from your mobile? Below you will find the guide on how to do it.
Do you have an iPhone and want to recover your password? Find out how to do it in the following guide.
Have you also forgotten your PC access password? Below you will find all methods to recover and re-access your PC without formatting.