With its 6.18 millimeters, Huawei Ascend P6 the thinnest smartphone in the world. The smartphone was introduced by Huawei in June 2013. Huawei Ascend P6 become a difficult competitor for the flagship devices of manufacturers such as HTC, Sony and Samsung, because it has excellent technical specifications at a lower price and an elegant body.
The phone sports a 4.7-inch 720p display with 312 ppi. The device powered by a quad-core Huawei K3V2 processor clocked at 1.5 GHz. It features an 8 MP rear camera, while the 5 MP front camera, under the case, has a 2000 mAh battery. The Huawei Ascend P6 Android 4.2.2 operating system.
For Huawei Ascend P6 there are a number of custom mods and roms in development, but to enjoy all the custom mods and roms you need to get the first Root permissions. Not only that, access to the root also allows you to make a backup of your current rom and a personalized restore, you can also intervene on the clock speed of the device and increase battery life. In this guide we will show you a method of obtaining i Root permissions of the Huawei Ascend P6 and also how install a custom Recovery.
Before starting, these are the prerequisites to be met in order to follow the guide:
- Make sure the phone battery has at least 60% charge.
- Use the original data cable to establish the connection between your PC and mobile phone.
- Use this method only on Huawei Ascend P6, not on any other device.
- Make sure to backup all your important data, call logs and messages. Even if your device's root permissions do not delete any files, it is highly recommended as it can be useful in the event of any unexpected or data loss.
- Disable all firewall / antivirus applications that you have installed on your PC.
What you need to download:
- Download and install Huawei USB drivers – Download here.
- Download and extract Root Tool- Here.
How to get Huawei Ascend P6 root permissions:
- On the device, click Settings> About phone, and click "Build Number" 7 times to enable the options for developers, skip this step if you have already activated the developer options.
- After the developer options are activated, at the bottom of the Settings page select the relevant menu and activate USB debugging mode (Settings> Developer options> USB debugging).
- Now open Root Tool after extracting it, and connect the phone to the PC.
- On the Root tool, select the Next button and then Root Now
- Wait for the end of the procedure and when the Rooted message appears the procedure for root permissions will be terminated.
How to keep root permissions after OTA updates
Updates OTA released by the manufacturers, eliminate root permissions. After the update, you will have to root the phone again, but there is no need to do it with the operations presented in this guide, but just use the OTA Rootkeeper App application available in the Google Play Store. The application creates a backup of the root and restores it after each OTA update.