In order to see video techs from your Mac on the console PS4, you need to usePlex Media Server to install on the Mac and use the App Plex or browser of your PS4 to access the contents stored with Plex. If you don't know how to do it, keep reading and you'll find the procedure to watch instreaming videos on the PS4.
How to configure Plex Media Server
Plex quite easy to configure and works with virtually any device, so it gives you many more options than just PS4. So let's get started!
- First you need to downloadPlex by clicking here.
- You will download Plex Media Server as a zip file, then click on the file and the Mac should decompress it automatically.
- Once unpacked, copy it to the Applications folder.
- Now double click on the Plex Media Server app to start the configuration.
- A security message may appear asking you to open the application. If it appears, press the open button.
- Plex then request a few minutes to start.
- Give the server a name and press next.
- Now you can start adding, then press the Add library button.
How to access PLEX on the PS4 to watch instreaming videos
The only way to access support through the Web Plex interface, which can be accessed via the PS4 web browser. Now, the Plex team has released a complete application for the PS4, which works much better.
The Plex application certainly the best way to enjoy your media on the PlayStation 4. You can browse your TV and movie programs and Plex will show you all the information and metadata you can find on them – the description of the episode, year of publication, actors, etc. I will also show you the covers of the shows or films that you add with a perfect integration.
To watch ivideo instreaming from your Mac using the Plex application, you need a subscription for a Plex Pass. The prices for the Plex Pass are from 4.99 per month, 39.99 per year and 149.99 for a lifetime subscription.
The Plex App downloadable from the Store on your PS4. Once downloaded, open the application and you are offered the possibility to combine or access. Once logged in you should be able to view the entire library and access it from the PS4.
Old Method: Plex via the web browser
- First, open the web browser on the PS4. This is on the main screen and the icon looks like a globe with www on it.
- The PlayStation web browser now open, go to the address bar at the top and type www.plex.tv/web.
- The Plex site should now load, and need to log in with the same username and password used to enter Plex Media Server on your Mac.
- A menu will be presented showing everything that has been added to the bookstores on the Mac.
- You can immediately start browsing and enjoy your movies, music and other content on the PS4.
Sound problems or buffering using the web interface?
Sometimes the instreaming videos may refuse to show up, or you should show the sound but not the video. The good news is that there is a solution if you encounter these problems. Just follow these steps to solve the problem:
- In the Plex interface on the PS4, click on the button Settings in the upper right corner
- From the left menu, clickPlayer
- click on Show Advanced at the top of the menu
- Scroll down and check the box next to AAC Audio Preferences
- Scroll down the screen and press Save.
We hope that this will solve all the problems you have with the instreaming videos. However, keep in mind that the PlayStation 4 is not compatible with all video formats, so not all videos can be seen.