We use various social media networks and messaging apps. For example, we use Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp to talk to our friends, Skype to connect with our family, Hangouts or Slack to get in touch with our colleagues. So addressing all these messaging apps through different tabs in Chrome can be a bit overwhelming at times. Well, as you may have guessed from the title, there is a way to manage almost all messaging services from a single app. Yes, right! You can do this via the new Chrome app dubbed "All-in-one Messenger". As it is a Chrome app, available only for Windows, macOS and Chrome OS.
So let's get down to it and find out how can you use multiple WhatsApp accounts, Facebook Messenger and other chat apps in one window:
1. To start, you'll need to install the All-in-One Messenger app from the Chrome Web Store. Once installed, you can open the app by going to the Chrome app launcher in the bookmarks bar or opening a new tab and entering " chrome: // apps "in the address bar.
2. When you open the All-in-One Messenger app for the first time, the various messaging services supported will be displayed. They are supported more than 25 messengers, including Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Telegram, Skype, Google Hangouts, WeChat, Slack, Yahoo Messenger, Chatwork, etc.
3. That's enough select the messenger you you want to use. For example, select Facebook Messenger.
4. Therefore, the Facebook Messenger login page should open and if the app requires additional permissions, you will be asked to resolve it. Enter your account details and you should log in. Now you can start using Facebook Messenger from the All-in-One Messenger app.
5. The novelty lies in the fact that you can add as many messaging apps as you want . You can then press the Settings icon and add more messengers. The good news is that you can add multiple instances of a single messenger, which means you can use multiple WhatsApp accounts, Facebook Messenger or more accounts than any other messenger .
6. you can to remove a messenger touching a messenger in Settings page and selecting " Delete ". You can also turn off notifications or stop notifications of a message on the Settings page by clicking on the respective icons.
During the tests on Chrome's All-in-one Messenger application, things went pretty well. Receive notifications (like any other Chrome notification) from the various messengers you use. Also, as mentioned, you can run multiple instances of an app, which is impossible when you open them in Chrome tabs.
To sum up, the all-in-one Messenger fulfills its purpose and everything works like a spell. That being said, the functionality of some messengers is somewhat limited. For example, you cannot make calls on Skype, since Hangouts only worked for us when we used the full screen app. Well, the fresh and new app, so we can expect future updates to iron out these small inconveniences.
Use multiple messaging apps with the all-in-one Messenger Chrome app
We're pretty sure you'll like the All-in-one Messenger app, as it solves the problem of using multiple messaging apps on different tabs. So, try the app and let us know your thoughts on it in the comments section below. If you're having problems with All-in-one Messenger, click here in the comments section or send your feedback to the developers via the heart icon in the app.