If you have an iOS device, it's likely that you use iTunes to access some of the purchased content like music, movies and TV shows. This software, available for both Mac and Windows PCs, uses an authorization system to ensure that only a limited number of computers have access to items purchased in-store. The process is quite similar to how a DRM works and Apple currently allows you to authorize only up to 5 computers at any given time. So, if you've tried accessing your iTunes library from multiple computers in the past, you may have reached the limit. Therefore, it will be necessary to remove the authorization of one of the computers that are not currently in use, before being able to authorize and access the content purchased on a new machine. Well, if you're interested in doing this, let's take a look at how to remove a computer's authorization in iTunes:
Remove authorization from a computer in iTunes
The following procedure only to remove the authorization from a computer, and to do this, you need to access that specific computer. Once done, simply follow the steps below to get this done in the blink of an eye:
- Open iTunes on your computer and click on the settings option " Account "yes located just below the volume slider. Now go up "Permissions" .
- Now, click "Remove authorization for this computer" and wait for the pop-up.
- You will be asked to enter your Apple ID and password. Once finished, click "Remove permissions" to confirm and remove the computer from the Authorized list.
Disable all computers in iTunes
If you currently have access to only one computer, use the following procedure to remove all authorized inaccessible computers without the need to access each of them individually:
- Open iTunes on your computer and click on the settings "Account" yes found under the multimedia controls. Now, click "View my account" . Log in with your Apple ID and password when prompted.
- You will be directed to the Account Information page. Here, click on the "Delete all" option located at the bottom of the Apple ID summary section.
- When asked to confirm the process, click "Remove all" to remove each individual computer from the Authorized list.
SEE ALSO: How to set up and use the iTunes home page sharing
Ready to remove computer authorization in iTunes?
By canceling the authorization from a computer, access to certain content purchased from the iTunes store such as music, movies and blocked TV shows. Once the authorization has been canceled, none of the content you have on your computer will be removed. Instead, the machine will be prevented from accessing the protected content. In order to access all the content, you will need to authorize the computer in a similar way. We recommend that you remove the computer's permission before selling the iOS device or sending it for service. So, are you ready to remove authorization from unused computers to make sure you don't exceed the limit? Let us know how the process went, simply by dropping a few words in the comments section below.