Apple's AirPods are designed to be used primarily with other Apple products, but that doesn't mean they can't be used with other devices like your Windows PC. The procedure to combine AirPods with the PC, the first time not very intuitive, because you have to use the charging case together with the AirPods, but easy once you know the process.
How to pair AirPods with Windows PCs
To pair and connect AirPods to your PC for the first time, follow these simple steps:
- Insert the AirPods in their charging case and make sure they are at least partially charged.
- Open the cover of the AirPods charging case (do not remove the AirPods from the case).
- Touch and hold the round button on the back side of the charging case for a couple of seconds, until the light inside the case flashes white.
- Open the Bluetooth settings of your Windows PC by clicking on the Bluetooth icon in the taskbar to the right of the screen, or by searching for "Bluetooth" in the search field on the taskbar and clicking on the "Bluetooth and other devices"When it appears.
- Click on "+ Add Bluetooth or other device”At the top of the Settings screen.
- On the next page "Add a device", Click on the first option"Bluetooth".
- Click on the option AirPods from the list of detectable devices.
After a few seconds, you should see a connection confirmation screen once your AirPods and PCs have been paired and connected.
Note: if a connection error occurs, close the AirPods case and the Bluetooth settings of the PC, then repeat the procedure.
- Remove the AirPods from their case.
- Put them in your ears and you're good to go.
Connect the AirPods to a simple PC like connecting any other Bluetooth device. When you are ready to disconnect them, put the AirPods back in their case and close the lid.