The term Magisk Manager is very familiar to us these days, mostly associated with the word Root. Magisk Manager the best alternative to the Chainfires SuperSu tool. Many of us still use the SuperSu tool to get root permissions on Android devices, because it's more popular and everyone recommends this method. But Google has added some security measures starting from Android Marshmallow.
Due to some problems with the process of obtaining root permissions, starting from Android 6 it became impossible to use the old SuperSu integrated method to unlock Android devices. For this reason Chainfire has developed the Systemless root method. Probably right now you're wondering: what is the Systemless root? This method performs the root process on Android without modifying any system partition. For this reason it is called the Systemless root.
Complete guide to install Magisk Manager
So Magisk Manager
Magisk Manager an Android application that helps to manage Systemless modules (which do not go to change system files) and root privileges. Topjohnwu the app developer, and a high level XDA forum member. Why is it so popular now? Many modules are being developed day by day for the Magisk Manager app. All these modules can be installed allowing the modification of the operating system without going to affect the control of Google Safetynet.
To give a concrete example, you need to know that some apps in the Play Store cannot be run on devices with root permissions. These apps perform a check made available by Google which is called safetynet. Taking advantage of this system, the execution on modified smartphones is blocked. For example, banking applications, Pokemon Go and Netflix cannot be run if root permissions have been obtained.
To run this type of application, you need to use the Magisk Manager app. Enabling the module magisk hide, you will be able to run any application you need and that normally wouldn't work on devices with root permissions.
How to download the latest version of Magisk Manager
- Download the Magisk Manager app from the link below. Unfortunately this app was removed from the Play Store because it violated the Google community guidelines.
DOWNLOAD | Magisk Manager link
- Install the Magisk Manager apk that you downloaded from the previous link. If you have never enabled the installation of apps from Unknown sources, A pop-up invites you to do so. Click the button Settings to start enabling unknown sources.
- Scroll down to find "Unknown sources"And activates the option.
- Go back and proceed with the installation of the Magisk Manager app. Install the application and open it.
- It will take less than a minute to complete the installation process. At the end, open Magisk Manager.
If your device already has the root permissions obtained with SuperSu, you don't need to do any other step. You can already start using the forms provided by Magisk Manager. If you have never obtained root permissions, continue reading this guide.
How to run Android root with Magisk Su
- Download the latest version of Magisk from the link below and transfer the zip file to the internal memory of the smartphone.
DOWNLOAD |Magisk v19.1 zip
- The main requirement before proceeding further with the installation of a Custom Recovery device. If you don't have one, read our complete guide to install it and then proceed with this guide.
- Start your device in recovery mode (I'm using TWRP Recovery).
- Click on the button install in the TWRP Home.
- Select the Magisk.zip file from the directory where you stored it.
- Then scroll to the Install button. This all.
- Then restart the device and open Magisk Manager to confirm whether or not you have access to the root.
Note: After installation, the device may crash on reboot or in any other circumstances. So, I recommend you to download the flashable zip file of Magisk Uninstaller which you can download from this link.
How to download and install the modules
- Open the Magisk Manager app and open the side menu.
- A menu will open with a series of options. Click on Downloads.
- In this section you can search and download all the modules you would like to install on your smartphone.
- After choosing the form, click on the Download icon as you can see from the screenshot below.
A pop up will ask you if you just want to download or even install the module. If you wish to install the module manually, you can do so using TWRP. I advise you to start the automatic installation of the module by clicking on the button install.
- Automatically download and install the module on the magisk manager app. At the end of the procedure the smartphone will restart automatically.
How to use Magisk Hide
As I said, one of the most interesting modules is Magisk Hide. Through this module you can run applications that normally would not work on smartphones with root permissions.
- Open the magisk manager app and click on the menu icon in the top left corner.
- Now you can see a series of menu items.
- Click on the settings and scroll down. You will find Magisk Hide. Activate it.
- Once again open the menu and this time select the Magisk Hide option.
Going through that option, you will be able to hide the root permissions to the particular app you have activated via the configuration panel.
How to completely uninstall Magisk
- Open the Magisk Manager app. You can see the uninstall button in Home.
- Do you want to remove root permissions from your phone? Proceed by tapping the Uninstall button.
- You will see a popup similar to the one in the image below.
Continue. Just touch the button Yes to remove root permissions and all installed modules.
Magisk the best alternative to Supersu by Chainfire. One of the strengths is that it does not impact on Google's safetynet control. The main advantage that you can run applications that don't work on devices with root permissions. Here is a summary of the advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of Magisk Manager
- Hides root access to apps.
- There are more possibilities to pass Google's SafetyNet.
- Run applications like Netflix, Android Pay, Pokemon Go and banking applications.
Disadvantages of Magisk Manager
- Only works on Android version 5.0 or later.
- Magisk may not work on all smartphones.
If you want to understand more about how to get root permissions with the Magisk method, you can't not read this guide.
If you own the Galaxy S8, the best way to get root permissions is to use Magisk Manager. Read in this guide how to do it.