In this article I will show you how install macOS High Sierra on Windows PC with VMware. The new Mac operating system was unveiled at WWDC 2017, during which several interesting new features were shown. This year's version was presented more as an improvement version than as a new feature. The macOS name High Sierra, which incorporates part of macOS Sierra, suggests that we have worked at the heart of the operating system to make it safer and more reliable. Moreover, a great step forward was made in the field of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR).
macOS High Sierra is a recommended update for all those who own a Mac. If you want to try all its potential on your Windows PC, below you'll see how to install it via a virtual machine. well to specify that the Windows operating system will not be eliminated from your PC. Instead, you will see how to virtualize the Mac operating system through a convenient and simple program, which can be run on your PC like any other Mac program. Are you ready?
Install MacOS High Sierra on a PC with VMware
Before proceeding to install macOS High Sierra on a PC, you need to download the necessary files. First you need to download the MacOS High Sierra operating system 10.13. Then you need to get the free VMware Workstation software and finally the patch to make it possible to install on Windows. Below you can find all the links.
After downloading all the necessary files, you can proceed to install MacOS High Sierra on a PC. Not a difficult operation, but it will take some time to complete the whole process.
1. Extract macOS High Sierra
At the end of the download of the operating system, you must proceed to its extraction. You can use it using a free program like WinRAR or 7zip.
To proceed with the extraction, just make a right click on the file and select Estai here. It will take a few minutes for the process to finish successfully.
2. Install VMWare on the PC
After downloading VMware from the previous link, proceed with its installation. You will only need to double-click on the installation file and then follow the wizard. After installation, you can proceed with reading the guide.
3. Install Patch Tool for VMware
At this point you need to make VMware compatible with MacOS for Windows. To do this, open the folder Patch Tool previously downloaded. Now right click on the file win-install and select Run as administrator. The tool will automatically install a patch to make VMware compatible with macOS High Sierra and earlier versions.
4. Create a new virtual machine
Once the preliminary steps have been completed, you can proceed with the creation of a virtual machine. It will host the operating system you are going to install later.
- Open VMware and click File -> New virtual machine. Select Typical (recommended) and then proceed with the buttonFollowing.
- In the new screen you need to select Installer operating system later.
- Now put the check on Apple Mac OS X in the list of operating systems and then select macOS 10.13 as a version. Click on Following.
- When asked to enter a name for the virtual machine, type macOS High Sierra. Then select a destination in which to place your virtual machine and click on Following.
- Do not select the size of the virtual disk. Simply select Store virtual disk as a single file and then click on Following.
At this point the virtual machine is ready. You can click on end and proceed with the guide.
5. Virtual machine modification (Ram, CPU, Hard Disk)
This fundamental step. I will show you how to change the features of your virtual machine. Select non-standard features but it will depend on your PC's capabilities.
For example, if you have 4GB of RAM you can't assign 3GB to the virtual machine, otherwise Windows won't be able to run macOS smoothly. We need to balance resources. The best choice is to assign half of the resources to Windows and the remaining half to macOS High Sierra.
- On WMware select the virtual machine macOS High Sierra and then click on Edit virtual machine.
- In the field Memory, set the half of your PC's Ram memory to the virtual machine. So, for example, if I had 8GB, you would have to assign 4GB to macOS.
- Do the same thing for the processor. Assign the half of the cores to the virtual machine.
- Now click on Hard Disk and then select Remove.
- After removing the previous disc, click on add and then select Hard Disk. Continue by selecting Following.
- Select SATA (recommended) and then proceed.
- Now put a check mark on Use an external virtual disk and then select Following.
- In the new screen, select Browse and open the image file of macOS High Sierra that you downloaded and extracted at the first point. Click on end.
6. Edit the VMX file of macOS High Sierra
You are almost at the end. Now you have to modify a last file and then you can proceed with the execution of macOS High Sierra on your Windows PC.
- Access the virtual machine folder. If you have not changed his position in step 4, he is in Documents with the name of macOS High Sierra 10.13.
- Open the folder, right click on the file macOS High Sierra 10.13.vmx and select Open with -> Notepad.
- Go to the end of the document and add this line:
smc.version = 0
- Save the document and close it.
7. Start MacOS High Sierra on a Windows PC with VMware
You have completed the configuration of VMware. Now you can proceed with starting MacOS High Sierra on your Windows PC. To start the virtual machine, simply open the software, open the tab for the operating system and then select Turn on this virtual machine.
At the first start of the virtual machine you will have to proceed with the configuration of the macOS High Sierra installation. Don't worry, nothing complicated. Follow the directions and in a few minutes you will have your machine fully working.
I hope this guide was given to you to install MacOS High Sierra on a PC with VMware. Should you encounter any problems, do not hesitate to contact us via the comments section at the end of this guide.