Apple unveiled the new ones iPhone 7 is iPhone 7 Plus. Together with them he announced the release date of iOS 10. The public will be able to officially download the new Apple operating system starting September 13th. But if you want to preview the final version of iOS 10, called iOS 10 Golden Master, in this article I'll explain how. iOS 10 Golden Master the final version of iOS 10 which will be released on September 13th. Apple every year makes available the final version of the operating system in preview to the developers. This way they can test their apps with the stable version of iOS 10 and release compatibility updates in time for the global launch.
For more information on iOS 10, I invite you to read our iOS 10 article: everything you need to know.
The installation of iOS 10 Golden Master it happens in two different ways depending on whether you own a Windows PC or a Mac. Below I will show you how to do it in both cases.
Before proceeding with the guide, be sure to make a full backup of your data. At the end of the procedure for Mac, the device will be formatted and you will lose all your apps, documents, photos and music.
Install iOS 10 Golden Master via Mac by formatting the device
Installation via Mac involves formatting the device. This will do a clean install of the operating system, but you'll need to install apps and transfer documents again. If instead you want to perform an update from iOS 9 without formatting, read the next paragraph.
- After making a backup copy of your data, download iOS 10 GM through one of these links (be sure to download the version compatible with your device):
- iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
- iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 5, iPhone 5C
- iPad Pro 12.9
- iPad Pro 9.7
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3
- iPad Air, iPad mini 2
- iPad 4
- iPod Touch 6th generation
- Download and install Xcode 8 GM. Without it you will not be able to install iOS 10 GM.
- After the download is complete, connect your device to the Mac via Lightning cable and start iTunes.
- From the top bar of iTunes, click on the icon corresponding to your device.
- Now hold the button halt and select Reset iPhone (iPad) or Restore iPhone (iPad) depending on whether your version of iTunes is in Italian or English.
- A screen will appear from which you will have to select the previously downloaded iOS 10 Golden Master file.
- After confirming, the installation process will take a few minutes.
Install iOS 10 Golden Master from your device without formatting
If you don't own a Mac or prefer not to format the device but simply update it from iOS 9, then proceed as follows.
- From the device on which you want to update, click on this link.
- A page will open that will ask you to install iOS Beta Software Profile. Click on Install.
- Accept the terms of service and click again Install.
- You will be asked to restart your iPhone or liPad to confirm the installation.
- After reboot go to Settings -> General -> Software update. You will be notified of the update to iOS 10. Click on Download and install to start the automatic update process.
At this point you just have to wait for the download of the update to iOS 10 and complete the installation.
If you want to install iOS 10 in preview compared to the official release, thanks to this guide you can do it in simplicity. If you encounter problems during the installation phase, please let us know via the comments.