Owners of Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7-inch 3G can finally update their device to Android Lollipop 5.0 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 4thanks to a custom ROM. The new Andriod 5.0 Lolliop brings with it many new features, including an increase in performance up to four times compared to Android KitKat, lower battery consumption, support for 64-bit processors, completely new graphics in Material Design style and much other.
- Make sure you make a backup of all your data.
- The battery must be at least 80% charged.
- You need to activate the USB debugging mode. To do this you must first enable the developer mode (go to Settings -> Device Info and make 7 consecutive clicks on the item Build number) and then go to Settings -> Developer Options and enable the related item.
Guide to install Android Lollipop 5.0 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
NOTE: if during installation the device remains stuck on the boot screen, perform a wipe cache partition is wipe dalvik from recovery and then restart the tablet.
- Restart the device in Recovery Mode using the app Rom Manager. Go into recovery mode, go to ROM Manager and select backup / restore to back up your information.
- Connect the tablet to the PC via the USB cable and copy the file ROM.zip previously extracted on the Galaxy Tab SD card.
- On the tablet, download the app Rom Manager from the Play Store.
- After downloading the three files, place them in the same folder and double-click on the file ROM-Part1.rar to extract the contents of all three packages automatically.
- Download the Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM for the 7gb Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 from the following links (the very large file, so it has been divided into three parts):
- From Recovery Menu make a total cancellation (including a wipe Delvik Cache). After formatting everything, go back to the main recovery menu and select Flash ROM from SD Card.
- Browse through the folders and access the one containing the file ROM.zip transferred earlier and select it, following the directions to install it.
- After the installation is complete, restart the tablet.
If you have followed all the instructions to install AndroidLollipop 5.0 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 to the letter, you can now enjoy all the features ofAndoid Lollipop 5.0 on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7 with 3G module.
Computer Engineer graduated from the Politecnico di Milano. Passionate about technology and programming. Expert and user of Apple products but also of Android and Linux.