In the fall of 2016, Apple introduced its new MacBooks with a Touch Bar, which was considered a found by many, but, well, it can do very interesting things. One of the most important features of the Touch Bar is the control strip, which in practice gives the user access to quick commands for controlling various system settings. Inspired by this, the iOS developer LaughingQuoll has developed a Touch Bar-type app for jailbroken iOS devices, which allows the user to inhibit the Control Strip function on their devices. Now, we all know that Android can't be left behind. Using the LaughingQuoll app as inspiration, XDA developer alecot18 has developed an application called TouchBar for Android, which mimics the Touch Bar control strip on Android devices.
The best part is that the TouchBar app is completely free and doesn't even require root access. So if you like the Touch Bar's Control Strip feature, here's how you can get a MacBook-like Touch Bar on your Android device:
- To get started, you need to enable installation of third-party APK files . To do this, just go up Settings Android and tap on the option "Safety" . Once there, make sure the option "Unknown origins" is checked.
- Once finished, download the "TouchBar for Android" app from here and install it.
Note: at the time of this writing, the app only supports Android Lollipop (5.0) and later versions.
- After installing the app, be sure to grant her all permissions such as Screen Overlay, System Write Settings and Do Not Disturb Access.
- Therefore, scroll down and tap "Activate TouchBar" to activate the Touch Bar.
- Now you can touch the bottom screen (above the navigation bar) to view the Touch Bar and interact with it.
Sounds fantastic, right? Well, the TouchBar app for Android allows you to change WiFi, Bluetooth, Screen Rotation, Brightness and Sound settings . The app also allows you to check your music with the buttons on the screen.
Also, available a Google search option integrated for faster searches and you can customize the Touch Bar according to your preferences.
Replace quick settings with Touch Bar on Android
With the arrival of ever larger screens, the one-handed operation becomes more difficult. The ability to add a Touch Bar to achieve the same functionality as Android's Quick Settings is a blessing for users with small hands and large screens. In addition, you can experience the functionality of the Mac Touch Bar on your Android smartphone. So what's wrong? Well, try the TouchBar app and let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.