Samsung Galaxy Note 8 has just been launched and offers a lot of new features. Some of these features, as always, are specific to the Note line-up and are not present even on the other flagship devices. Although the hardware features of Note 8 (for example, S Pen) cannot be transferred to other Android devices, it is possible to do so for some of the software features. One of my favorite software features provided with Note 8 "App Pair". It offers users the ability to launch two apps simultaneously in split screen mode via a single app shortcut. I love this feature, because it makes multitasking on Note 8 really intuitive and easy. I love this feature so much that I understand how to implement it on my Android device. If you want to use this function also on your Android device, here it is how to get the Note Pair App Pair function on any Android device:
Note: since split-screen functionality was introduced in An droid OS with its Nougat update (Android 7.0), the device must be running on that version of the Android operating system for this method to work.
Get the App Pair feature of Note 8 on any Android device
As you know that this feature is not natively available on Android, we will have to use a third party app. The very simple methodology, so let's move on.
1. The third party app we will use today yes call "Screens – Multi Window Manager" . a free app and you can install it by clicking on the Play Store link.
2. Now, before using this, we will have to give it access to accessibility by going to the Settings page. To do this, go up Settings-> Accessibility and scroll down to find "Screenshots" . Touch it and enable it.
3. Now start the app. The interface of the app rather simple. You will see two buttons that will allow you to add apps you want to open in shared screen mode and a button to create the link for them.
4. Tap the "+" button and choose the app you want . Do it for both apps.
5. Name the shortcut by typing the "Shortcut name" field e press the "Create shortcut" button to create your link .
6. As soon as you press the button, an icon will be placed on the home screen. You can create all the shortcuts you want . However, the icon will remain the same for all the shortcuts you create, so the only way to distinguish their name from each other. So, be careful while naming shortcuts.
7. As you can see from the images above, I have created four different split screen shortcuts, I can tap on each of them to start the apps in split screen mode. Shortcuts work perfectly. See the images below for confirmation.
Launch apps in Split Screen Windows via One Shortcut
As you can see, the very simple method and you can start creating your app in no time. The app works perfectly and hasn't let me down even once. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that some apps don't support split-screen functionality. For example, apps like Amazon Kindle and Uber don't support it. If you create a link using these apps, when you touch it, you will receive a pop-up notification telling you that the included apps do not support it. Other than that, there are no problems here. What makes it even better is the fact that the app is totally free even without advertising.
So, what are you waiting for, start using the Galaxy Note 8 "App Pair" feature on your Android device and create your own custom split screen shortcuts. If you want to see any other Note 8 features to bring to your device, leave them in the comments section below. We will do our best to cover them in our future articles.