With the launch of iOS 12, many experienced users were excited about the new Shortcuts app as it allows them to automate activities on iOS, which was not natively possible before. One of the best things about Shortcuts is that you don't have to learn how to create your own shortcuts because you can download and install pre-created shortcuts to enjoy these features.
One of these pre-created shortcuts "Social Media Downloader" or SDM link that allows users to download videos from social media platforms such as Instagram and Twitter. So if this is something you're interested in, here's how you can download videos from social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter using shortcuts in iOS 12.
Download videos from Instagram and Twitter
Now, before starting this tutorial, I would like to remind you that you should never use someone else's videos on your social media platform without obtaining explicit consent from them. This shortcut designed to be used to get your data from these sites, or perhaps for educational purposes such as a class report or a project, but please never use the function to download copyrighted content or violate privacy. With that out of the way, let's see how you can use this shortcut.
- First, download and install the Shortcuts app from the App Store if you haven't done so already.
2. After installing the app, click the link to download the social media downloader link. To do it, first tap the "Get Link" button and then tap "Open".
3. Now that you have the connection installed on your device, open Twitter or Instagram on your phone. Twitter user for this tutorial.
4. Let's say you found a tweet with an embedded video. Tap the share button and then select the "Share Tweet via …" option.
5. On the next page, select the "SDM" link we added. Follow his steps so don't worry if you see him working alone. After analyzing the link, I will give you the video quality options . Choose what you want to start the download.
everything, the video will be automatically downloaded and added to your Photos app. You can download any embedded video with this link. Not a practical way to share videos with your WhatsApp group or watch them offline.
Easily download videos to social media on your iPhone
The new rather powerful Shortcuts app. The only shortcut I'm showing here gives you an idea of its capabilities. If you want to see more tutorials like this, comment below to let us know. Also, if you have any problems doing this job, ask your questions and we will be happy to assist you.