Imagine you are working on your home Windows PC and need to access a file or start an application that is on the work PC. This is a situation that could happen often and you would like to be able to access all your computers wherever you are. As long as the PC you want to access is turned on, know that you can now do what previously described. For check Windows PC remotely, you can use the function Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) present in Windows.
Through Remote Desktop Connection you can remotely access many PCs that are on the same network. It is also possible to access PCs that are connected to different networks via the Internet, but some knowledge of firewalls and port forwarding is required. For the purposes of this article, I will show you how to access and control Windows PCs connected to the same network remotely. Let's see how.
Check Windows PC remotely
To perform the first configuration you must have physical access to all Windows PCs. The following operations must be performed on the PC to which you want to access remotely.
- On the Windows PC, log in to Control panel.
- Search through the search box at the top right remote.
- From the search results, click on Allow remote access to the computer.
- A new window will appear. Go to the tab Remote connectionand, below the sectionRemote Support, select AllowRemote Assistance connections to the computer.
Apply all changes and confirm by pressing the button OK. At this point the remote PC is correctly configured.
The next steps will have to be performed on the PC you will use to access the remote computer.
- On the PC with windows installed, press the keys simultaneously Win + R.
- Type mstsc.exe and confirm to start the application Remote Desktop Connection.
- In the field Computer Enter the name or IP address of the computer you want to access. If you don't know the IP address of the remote PC, you should read Microsoft's suggestions by accessing this page (the IP address must be verified on the remote PC and not on the one from which you are performing these steps).
- Now select Show options lower left.
- Enter the username and password of the account you will use to log in. Username and password must be those of the account used on the PC to which you want to access.
- Click Connect to start the connection. Enter the password when requested.
At this point you will be connected and you can remotely control PC Windows. You will be able to run applications, open and work with documents. At the top of the screen there will be a blue bar with various options. The bar will disappear after a few seconds, but will reappear by moving the mouse upwards.
Microsoft wanted to make the system to control Windows PC remotely a very simple operation. Just a few clicks and you can access another PC connected to the same network.
After logging in, you can access various advanced options to best configure PC sharing. If you have problems with this guide, please do not hesitate to contact us via the comments at the end of this article.