There are different ways to connect an Android device to the computer to manage its content. The most used one is the cable connection prior to installing the drivers on the computer. There is also another way to get rid of caviedriver, using only the netWifi and any browser. For connect Android smartphone to PC via WiFior another Android device you can use a simple free app calledDroid Over Wifito install on the Android device.
How to connect Android smartphones to the PC via WiFi
Connecting the Android smartphone to the PC via WiFi is the easiest way to access an Android device via the PC. This method works with any version of the operating system, be it Windows, Linux or macOS. With the app Droid Over Wifi we can access the memory of the Android smartphone through a simple and intuitive interface. Through a real Android file manager that we can manage from our PC. Through the file manager you can perform a series of operations such as renaming files, deleting folders and uploading or downloading documents, as well as displaying images and videos on the computer screen without downloading them.
You can download Droid Over Wifi free from Google Play. The only requirement necessary to allow the coupling to be compatible with the operating system of the Android device, which cannot be less than Android 2.3. But I challenge those who still own it on their device. To connect an Android smartphone to the PC and make it work, the Android device and the PC must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- The MediaView function allows viewing of video and audio files contained in the current folder. You can stream full-screen Mpeg4, Ogg and WebM video files directly from your phone and in the meantime view the photos in another browser tab.
- The Folder Size function quickly calculates the size of the folders and displays it with graphs.
- Load multiple files simultaneously without size limitations. The progress of each visible file in real time. Drag and Drop supported and allows uploading multiple files simultaneously.
- Download multiple files at once without size restrictions. Possibility to download several files at the same time, which are compressed in a zip archive in order to increase the download speed.
- Create, rename and delete files and folders simply and directly via keyboard and mouse.
- Move files and folders with intelligent auto-complete functions.
- Sort the files and folders by name, size or modification date.
- Pin Code Protection.
- Droid Over WiFi runs as a background service on Android. So you can continue to use smartphones and tablets without problems.
Droid Over Wifi allows you to connect Android phone to the PC and access the contents of the device via a browser via WiFi. Very reminiscent of the famous application Air Droid. Unlike the latter, Droid Over Wifi focuses exclusively on reading and writing files, making the process as easy as possible. The application also allows you to preview files as images and movies directly from within the web interface, without the need to download them to your computer or any other mobile device. So, if you are without a USB cable and need to upload or download files to / from the device, check how Droid Over Wifi can help you.
The application allows you to select even multiple files together to upload or download. In the case of this last hypothesis, all the files will be compacted into a ZIP file.
To move files to other locations on the device, the web interface shows a popup where you can specify the destination directory. The application keeps track of existing directories and provides suggestions for the intended route. Basic functions such as creating files or folders or renaming are also supported.
Do you have files to transfer from your smartphone to your PC (or vice versa) but you can't find the USB cable? In addition to the classic data transfer via USB cable, you can take advantage of the home WiFi network, which is more than sufficient in terms of speed to transfer. Also read this guide to find out how to do it.
Connect an Android device to the TV as a smartphone or tablet, useful for sharing photos or watching videos on a larger screen with better audio. Read this guide to find out how.