PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds undoubtedly one of the most famous games of this year, managing to beat names like those of Counter Strike: Global Offensive and DOTA 2 in terms of the number of simultaneous players on Steam. The numbers are growing rapidly, despite numerous problems on the server side, and the game has recently reached the milestone of 2 million top players. If you're one of them, you're probably always hungry to see the "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner" on your screen. To be honest, it's pretty hard to be a winner on 99 other people who are fighting and trying to survive in the epic battle-royale game. Well, we want to make it easier for you guys and therefore, we suggest you use this third-party application called ReShade. This software essentially adds a lot of vitality to the game and thanks to improved clarity, it is even easier to identify enemies, especially if they are on the grass. Interested in trying it? Without further ado, let's see how to configure ReShade in PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds:
Configure ReShade in PUBG
Note: I installed the latest version of ReShade (3.0.8) on my Windows 10 computer. The software will not allow your account banned as a developer behind the game, Brendan "PlayerUnknown" Greene has already stated that completely satisfying to use ReShade on Twitter.
First of all, you need to download third-party software on your system. To do this, just go to his official website and click on the download button. Once done, follow the steps below to install and refine ReShade for PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds:
- Run the exe file and click "Select game" to choose PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.
- Now, a file browser opens that allows you to find the directory of the game's .exe file. By default, it is located in C: Programs (x86) Steam offmapps common PUBG Slame Binaries Win64 a unless you changed the Steam Library folder. Now select "TslGame" and click "You open" .
- Now, you will have the option to select the rendering API on ReShade. Choose "Direct3D 10+" .
- The software will now ask you if you want to download a collection of standard effects from GitHub. Click on "S" . You will have to wait a few seconds for the download to complete.
- This is practically the most important step, as here you will choose the effects for ReShade to be able to use them in the game. For PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds, we suggest you enable four effects: Clarity, Colourfulness, LumaSharpen and Vibrance . Just check the boxes for these options and leave everything else unchecked. Once done, simply click on "OK" .
- The window will show that you have successfully installed ReShade on TslGame (PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds).
- Next, you need to launch PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds and once you enter the game lobby, click on the "Shift + F2" keys to open the game overlay of ReShade. To proceed with the configuration process, simply click "Keep it going" .
- Here, you will be able to a new ReShade profile. Just click on the icon "+" which indicated by a yellow marker in the screenshot and enter the preferred name for it.
- This is the final step that will show all the effects you checked during installation. Here, check it out simply all the boxes to enable the four effects while in the game. When done, click "Keep it going" .
This pretty much the whole process, since you have successfully configured ReShade. Now you will notice that i colors are more vibrant and textures are slightly sharper to greatly improve visibility, allowing you to identify enemies more quickly than ever. Making use of "Shift + F2" keys, you can easily enable or disable ReShade at any point in the game, in case you want to check the real difference.
Improve the colors and visibility in PUBG with ReShade
By default, the game's colors don't really appear and the sharpness isn't great. Fortunately, the light effects in ReShade manage to solve this problem appreciably, making the colors much more vibrant and clear, so that players can easily identify enemies. In fact, even a little easier to spot the enemies that are proned in grass or bushes, which is absolutely crucial and gives you a bit of advantage in getting that "Winner Winner chicken dinner". So, are you ready to try ReShade before the next game in PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds? Let us know what you think of this third-party software by dropping your valuable opinions in the comments section below.