The IMEI code is the identity number (International Identity of mobile terminals) of your phone, consisting of a series of numbers used to uniquely identify a device that uses the mobile data network. Imagine what can happen if you change your Identity Card number! Even the modification of this illegal number in some countries, but not in Italy. It becomes, however, when the device is stolen and the number is used for illicit purposes. Be careful, because during the process that leads you to modify invalid IMEI, the procedure may damage the device.
How to change invalid IMEI on Android phone without root
When you purchase a device, the seller notes the original IMEI number on the receipt. Therefore, if you change the IMEI, you may no longer be able to file a complaint in case the phone is stolen. This is because the authorities can no longer control whether the phone is really yours, given that the IMEI numbers no longer match.
For there may be some circumstances in which you are forced to change the IMEI code, for example when you do a complete restore or for unexplained reasons, the number is cleared, so you are no longer able to use the phone because it is no longer able to register on telephone network. This is why I want to tell you how to perform the procedure to change the IMEI number on the Android phone without root. You will see two different methods below, you will have to try one of the two to check which one is effective for your phone.
Changing the IMEI number on Android without root permissions can be a bit daunting if you have no idea how to do it yourself, because it's a very risky procedure. If you mess up the procedure, you could ruin the device irreversibly. Here, then, how to perform the procedure with a first method, and remember that this process will erase all the data from your device, so make sure you have backed up the content.
- Open the form Settings of your Android device.
- Find Backup and restore and click on it.
- In the next menu, find Factory data reset and click on it.
- You will then be notified. Click on Create new Android ID (random) and so enter the new number.
- First you need to access the reserved area Engineer Mode by entering a secret code, to do this, follow the next procedure.
- Dial on the Android phone dialer as if you dialed a phone number, one of these two codes * # * # 3646633 # * # * or * # 7465625 # making sure to enter these codes perfectly.
- Now that you have entered Engineer Mode, I advise you not to change any other parameters than the one indicated in this guide, because you could lock the phone.
- Click on the option Connectivity.
- Now search CDS information and click on it
- So in the menu Common Data Service click on Radio information
- If your Android device is dual SIM, you will have two options like IMEI_1 (SIM1) and IMEI_2 (SIM2). Select the SIM whose IMEI number you want to change.
- Now, change your IMEI number shown next to AT + based on whether you change the number on SIM1 or SIM2.
EGMR = 1.7, IMEI_1 or EGMR = 1.10, IMEI_2
- Now, just replace IMEI1 or IMEI2 with your desired number and then click SEND AT COMMAND.
If you followed the procedure faithfully, you will have successfully changed the IMEI number. Restart your mobile and check if the IMEI number has been changed. We are not responsible for any damage caused to your Android device by following these methods.