Often, surfing the net with Google Chrome, you will have seen a pop-up on the screen asking if you want to allow or block thesending notifications from a particular website. This is a very useful feature, for example, for those users who use the Facebook website instead of the official application. Now, however, almost every portal supports this feature, and the aforementioned pop-up can be annoying. In this regard, let's find out together how to block website notifications on Google Chrome.
How to disable the sending of notifications on Google Chrome
You can always block each site individually but it does not solve the problem, as the window will appear every time you visit a new address with Chrome notification support. For this reason, a drastic solution could be to prevent websites from showing on the screen that annoying request to send notifications in Google Chrome. The steps to be taken are few and simple. Here they are in detail:
- You open Chrome on your Android smartphone;
- Step on the 3 dots at the top right to access the menu;
- Choose Settings;
- Click on "Site Settings" under the "Advanced" section;
- Choose "Notifications";
- Switch from “Ask for confirmation before allowing sites to send notifications" to "Lock"By acting on the switch on the right of the option;
How to block or allow notifications to be sent for some websites
If you don't want to disable all Google Chrome notifications, here are some tips to manage them effectively. First of all, using the previous steps, you can view all the notifications of the websites that you have already authorized or blocked in the Notifications section.
If you prevent all websites from requesting access to notifications, you can still manually allow sites to send them:
- Click the "add"Next to the Allow and copy section of the website address you want to be notified of.
- If, on the other hand, you want to block the notifications, proceed in the same way, entering the website address in the Block section.
Thanks for subscribing! Please check your email for further instructions.