After months of waiting, Samsung released the long-awaited Galaxy S6 Edge update to Android 6.0.1. If you own this smartphone, the update is highly recommended, as all the new functions presented by Google with the new operating system last year, in addition to an increase in performance and better management of RAM. There are two methods of updating to the latest version of Android 6.0.1 on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
The simplest consists in following the update directly from the smartphone, but this solution is not always feasible for two reasons: because Samsung has not yet sent the update to your smartphone or because you have installed a custom ROM and you cannot receive the official update directly. The second method allows the installation of the firmware via PC, and allows you both to update an old version of the official Samsung firmware, and to return to the original firmware from a custom ROM, by installing Android version 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
If you want to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, in this guide I will show you how to do it using the second method, working both if you have an official firmware and a custom ROM.
NOTE: this guide compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge template SM-G925F. Do not try to run it on other models of this smartphone, otherwise you could completely damage the device. To see which model you own just go to Settings -> Device info and read the model of your smartphone.
- The battery must be at least 60% charged. If it discharges during the installation procedure, you could damage the device.
- If possible, use the USB-microUSB cable supplied with your smartphone.
- Make a backup of all your sensitive data, as the smartphone will be formatted by performing this procedure.
- For this guide you must use a PC with Windows installed.
Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F update to Android 6.0.1
- Download the Odin 3.10.6 tool to your PC and extract it.
- Download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F. At the end of the download extract the archive to get a file with extension .tar.md5.
- On the PC, start the tool odin3.
- Turn off your smartphone completely and start it in Download mode. To do this, hold down the keys simultaneously Volume Gi + Home + Power until a screen appears with a warning message. At this point, release the three buttons and press the button Volume Up to enter Download mode.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC via the USB-microUSB cable.
- Wait for the PC to recognize the device. At this point on the Odin tool you will see the box under the heading ID: COM turn blue. If not, be sure to install the drivers for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge on your PC.
- Now click on the button AP and, from the navigation window, select the file with extension .tar.md5 previously downloaded.
- Now press the button Start and wait for the installation to complete, which will be signaled to you by changing the color of the box ID: COM from blue to green.
After the installation is complete, disconnect the smartphone from the PC and restart it manually. Initial startup may take longer than expected. Don't worry completely normal. After the restart, you can start using Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge model SM-G925F.
The operation for Galaxy S6 Edge updateto Android 6.0.1 very simple. If you have problems or have doubts, do not hesitate to contact us by leaving a comment at the end of this article.
Galaxy S6 update
Isn't this your device? If you want to do a Galaxy S6 update always ad Android 6.0.1, then you will have to read this other guide that you find at the next link: