10Pi power, same technologies but advantageous price. And the business card of Eufy RoboVac 15C Max that our editorial staff has tested in the past weeks and that, thanks to a direct comparison with the predecessor 30C, has been able to study it thoroughly and understand what is different in what on paper seems to be a better vacuum cleaner than the previous one but at the same time also cheaper.
However, you have to come down to a few small compromises but in general a very good purchase, indeed, without exaggerating, within this range perhaps the best that can be done right now.
Brief summary of the Eufy RoboVac line
Eufy RoboVac 15C Max the fourth robot vacuum cleaner tested by our editorial staff and fifth of the series available in Italy. Below we list the previous models with the related link to read the review (where present), purchase link and a brief description to capture the main differences between one and the other.
- RoboVac 11 (199.99 euros): good suction power and cleaning precision in relation to the sale price especially if you compare it with the giants of the sector.
- RoboVac 11S (219.99 euros): in just 20 euros of difference it brings numerous and important improvements starting from the greater power of the aspirator up to adjustments of small details that perfect an already excellent product.
- RoboVac 12 (249.99 euros): an update that we have not tried because, compared to the predecessor, it only offers a slight upgrade to the suction system (at a cost increased by 30 euros).
- RoboVac 30C (299.99 euros): the top of the range range. It offers all the improvements of the model 12 with the addition of WiFi for control via app from smartphones and tablets and support for Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- RoboVac 15C (279.99 euros): the best of the 15 series, it has WiFi like the 30C but more powerful, it consumes less and the price even better. For the review, you are in it: read on to find out more.
Together with the vacuum cleaner, in the box you will find:
- four brushes (two to be installed before use, two for replacement after wear)
- Replacement filter (the other already installed in the dust collection tank)
- Cleaning and maintenance tool
- Remote control remote control
- x2 AAA batteries for powering the remote control
- power supply
- Charging base
- Cable tie set to keep cables tidy
- Manuals and warranty sheet
Aesthetically it maintains its brothers' style and design and practically identical to the 30C except for the color of the design printed on the front surface (the series of curved lines that visually signal the presence of wireless connectivity) which, rather than being golden, is blue in color. C then an LED indicator marked with the symbol Wifi thanks to which it is possible to know at a glance the connection status of the vacuum cleaner with the home router.
For the rest the materials are the same (glass plate to cover the upper surface, high quality polycarbonate for the rest of the external structure) of the previous models. The brushes are enhanced by some mini-bristles that keep stubborn dirt away from the roller for rotation and the On / Off switch, as for the previous one, protected by a transparent silicone cap to keep dirt and dust away.
Change the filter instead present in the dirt collection tray. The materials are the same but cannot be removed from the plastic frame to which it is normally set. This greatly simplifies hooking and unhooking it to the tray and it is also easier to wash under running water. However, the choice is not ecological because when the time has come to replace it rather than just changing the filter, the entire plastic structure will have to be thrown away.
As for the rest, if you want to deepen the aesthetic analysis just take a look at Chapter 2: Com made of the previous model, identical to the new if not for the few clarifications reported above. Here you will also find a detailed description of the various cleaning modes within Chapter 3: How it works in that they are the same, both in terms of type and mode of operation.
Remote control operation
If you are not interested in Smart functions, then Eufy RoboVac 15C Max will not be different from the previous ones. In fact, in the package there is the remote control to control it even without a smartphone. Just insert the batteries, turn on the vacuum cleaner through the switch on the bottom and press the button A (Automatic). The vacuum cleaner will receive the command and start cleaning the floor, self-adjusting the suction power based on the amount of dirt that is detected by the sensors.
On the back of the remote control there is a kind of legend which describes the meaning of the various symbols printed on the buttons, very convenient for those who buy a device of this type for the first time. Also like the 30C and unlike the previous models, the remote control does not have a screen and there is no way to program the daily cleaning without going through the WiFi.
As anticipated there is WiFi, which means that you can also control it with your smartphone directly from the EufyHome app available for free on the App Store for iPhone and iPad and Play Store for Android smartphones and tablets. So if you are on the sofa and you are replying to an email, you will not have to get up and look for the remote control because the robot will respond to your actions typed directly from the app via wireless and therefore there will not even be an infrared limit: it can practically be controlled freely even if there is it is located downstairs and in any case out of sight (as long as it is reached by the router's WiFi signal).
Manual control with the EufyHome app
The application replicates all the functions on the remote control. The user interface is clean and minimal and features the joystick accompanied by the play / pause button in the center of the screen, while on the lower bar there are 4 sections:
- mode: here you can activate the four different cleaning modes (Auto, Edge, Spot, Quick)
- base: one click to return the vacuum cleaner to the base
- Find: a click to let the vacuum cleaner emit a series of acoustic sounds that will help us find it if we lose sight of it (because maybe it got stuck under the bed or under a piece of furniture)
- Program: from here it is possible to program automatic cleaning. In practice, you can set a specific time for each day of the week and decide when Eufy RoboVac 15C Max will have to start cleaning according to your preferences. For example, you can switch on at a pre-established time when you are sure that all the tenants in the house have left to go to school / work and have the floor swept back when they return (with the self-recharged vacuum cleaner to start maybe a second manual cleaning) . The programming of the previous models could only be carried out at a pre-established time with no choice of days, while here total control.
The biggest advantage of the app compared to the remote control given by the WiFi operation, which does not require pointing the phone towards the vacuum cleaner as they communicate through the wireless network. You can control it even at great distances and, for those who never give up the smartphone, you will have control of the device at any time. Only care: the phone must be connected to the same WiFi network to which the vacuum cleaner is connected.
Configure Eufy RoboVac 15C Max to WiFi very simple as the various steps are explained in detail within the app. In short, it is necessary to enter the WiFi password in the app when requested, then temporarily connect to the WiFi of the vacuum cleaner by selecting the Eufy item (followed by the unique number of the device) in the list of available WiFi networks, then wait for the connection between the vacuum cleaner and the router (generally less than 1 minute).
If you encounter problems during the first configuration (you realize it because the WiFi symbol flashes quickly without being able to hook up to the router) you can reset the vacuum cleaner and start over: simply hold down the On / Off button on the upper edge of the vacuum cleaner for more than 10 seconds, until the latter beeps and the WiFi symbol starts flashing slowly.
Voice commands with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
Eufy RoboVac 15C Max can also be controlled via voice commands. It is compatible with both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, however when we write this option, it is only active in English.
How are you
The biggest difference of the 15C Max with the other models lies in its use. The suction motor has in fact been enhanced and, given in hand, promises up to 2,000 pa suction power, ie 500 pa more than previous generations.
This in terms of cleaning is especially noticeable in the dirtiest areas or above the carpets, which, having the same amount of dirt, are adequately cleaned already after the first pass. The company also declares that the autonomy been brought to 100 minutes of use on a single charge, a fact that we actually found during our tests. It lasts a little longer than the 30C and in our opinion it also appears slightly quieter.
Some small compromises
Obviously some small limits also conceal him. Like the others in the Eufy Robovac series not able to map the house, therefore it means that to clean a room well it will take longer and it can be even less precise than the vacuum cleaners of other brands that have this function. Clearly this small compromise to be accepted affects the price that is infinitely lower than the robots that map the house.
Also the WiFi connection supports only the 2.4 GHz frequency. In our case it was not a problem because the home router supports both the 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequencies, for example if the smartphone with which you want to control it hooked to the 5.0 GHz WiFi you will need to disconnect and connect to the 2.4 network GHz.
Anyone who has purchased one of the previous ritrover models, in Eufy RoboVac 15C Max, the same attention to detail, the same quality of materials and identical cleaning performance. It is a product that over the years we have been able to appreciate day after day and that we consider among the best in the sector especially in relation to the price for which it is proposed.
In fact, it not only costs less than the 30C series but also more powerful and has a slightly greater autonomy, without however having to give up the convenience of WiFi and the relative control via app from the smartphone.
- High suction power
- Excellent autonomy
- Control via app via WiFi
- Complete weekly programming
- Don't map the house
- WiFi only works at 2.4 GHz
Eufy Robovac 15C Max on sale on Amazon for 279.99 euros.