The release of the new beta distributions by Apple continues, this is the third version available, currently only for developers, of macOS 10.15.4, iOS 13.4, iPadOS 13.4, tvOS 13.4 and watchOS 6.2.
As usual, new builds can be downloaded by all developers enrolled in the beta testing program, both through the Apple Developer Center and through the OTA mechanism where available. This is the third distribution during the same month of February, we remember that the first beta was made available on February 5, the second on February 19, today is certainly the last before the fourth that will arrive during the next month. At the moment the news is not known, which we will report as usual in the next few hours, but we report again what was discovered with the previous releases.
- iCloud Folder Sharing , functionality announced during the presentation of iOS 13, which allows you to share a folder on iCloud via a private link. Those who receive it can see the folder on iCloud Drive, download the latest versions of the files and add new ones.
- Location services: when an app requests "Always" authorization, for the first time after being authorized while using the app, iPhone or iPad will immediately show the authorization request.
- On iPad there are some keyboard shortcuts for Photos that allow you to browse through the tabs, search and create albums. In full screen mode, in addition, there are also keyboard shortcuts to delete or duplicate photos and access the Edit mode.
- Universal purchases iOS / macOS – With the new beta and Xcode 11.4, Apple allows developers who make apps for Mac and iOS to sell them together in a single package, which was not possible before.
- Control center: there is a new option to turn ad messages on and off with Siri.
- In-app purchases arrive with watchOS 6.2. Developers will be able to create apps for watchOS with premium content, downloadable content, subscriptions and more.
- New toolbar in emails
- New stickers memoji
In addition, in iOS 13.4 beta, a new API was discovered, called CarKey, probably one of the next features Apple is working on. Here's what it might allow:
- The iPhone will lock, unlock and start the engine car.
- Users will be able to use it with cars compatible with the NFC technology.
- It will not require Face ID for authentication, so it can be used even if the iPhone battery is low.
- Will also be compatibleApple Watch.
- You won't need to use a specific car manufacturer app: pairing will take place through the Wallet app.
- The Wallet app will also allow you to share the virtual "key" with other people, for example relatives or friends in case of need.