As we saw yesterday, Google started rolling out the new one Android 4.4.1 firmware update which is being distributed internationally for Nexus devices. After seeing yesterday how to update the latest arrival Nexus 5 without waiting for the arrival of the OTA update, today we do the same thing for the tablet Nexus 7 offering you the guide to download Android 4.4. and its installation.
Before proceeding with the guide, we remind you that theOTA update in distribution therefore it should arrive within the next week on most of the devices, if instead you want to have immediately Android 4.4.1 on your Nexus 7 follow the instructions below, not before for having verified that you do not already have the OTA available on the device by going toSettings -> About tablet -> System updates.
- Download | Nexus 7 2013 WiFi KOT49E from KRT16S
Beware that you can perform the update only if you have installed the build on your Nexus 7KRT16S, if you have another number then you will have to update to it first and then install Android 4.4.1.
Requirements– recovery stock – unmodified system (no MOD, no root) – bootloader unlocked – data backup
- download the OTA file from the above link,
- make a backup of all data with any application,
- connect the device to the PC (completely install the drivers and download the SDK),
- copy the OTA file to the folder sdk / platform-tools that you just created by downloading the SDK,
- turn off the tablet and enter recovery (when turned off, press Power + Volume down),
- press any volume key until Recovery mode appears and then press Power to confirm,
- to the Android logo click vol on + power simultaneously to bring up the items,
- select apply update via adb always using volume and power keys to confirm,
- now from terminal, type:
adb sideload (path-to-the-whole-file-where-you-downloaded-the-note-on-your-pc-without-square-brackets.zip)
- wait for the end of the installation
Thanks for subscribing! Please check your email for further instructions.