Are you new to the Apple ecosystem? The first step is to register an Apple ID. If you don't know how to create it on your newly purchased iPhone or iPad, you've come to the right place, read on to find out the steps that will allow you to enjoy all the features of the Apple world and to create or delete Apple ID, also discovering what it is used for and why indispensable. When you need to use Apple devices or services, you are asked for an "Apple ID" to make everything work. An Apple ID basically your Apple account that is used to manage all the functions, from accessing iCloud, to shopping, getting support, tracking lost devices with Find My iPhone. From there you can realize how important it is to create an Apple ID and we will also see how to manage it.
How to create Apple ID
An Apple ID authenticates your identity and is necessary every time you log in to an Apple device to keep everything synchronized, totally free and this guide wants to show you everything you need to know about registering and using your Apple ID.
Apple ID allows you to download content from iTunes and the App Store. It also allows you to sync reminders, calendars and contacts via iCloud and activate FaceTime and iMessage on multiple devices. Not mandatory to use an Apple device to register and create an Apple ID, but essential to get the most out of your iPhone and iPad. Here is how you can create a new Apple ID, unsubscribe if you switch to an Android phone or manage it better.
How to create a new Apple ID from iPhone and iPad
Creating an Apple ID can be done when setting up a new device by tapping "Forgot password" or "You don't have an Apple ID", Following the configuration steps, but it can also be done in the App Store on one of the iOS or Mac devices.
The creation of an Apple ID is also possible on a Windows PC and on the Web, so in practice you can create an Apple ID from any device.
From your iPhone or iPad, start the app Settings.Tocca Access your iPhone that you find at the top of the screen.
- When the window appears click on "You forgot your Apple ID password".
- Or click on ?Create Apple ID".
- Enter your date of birth.
- Click on Come on.
- Enter your name and surname.
- Click on Come on.
- Select your current email address or create a new free iCloud email address.
- Please enter your email address.
- Create a password.
- Verify your password.
- Select one Security question.
- write a reply
- Repeat two more times.
I accept the Terms and Conditions. Touch To merge or Don't join to sync iCloud data from Safari, Reminders, Contacts and Calendars. Touch OK to confirm that Find my iPhone is turned on.
Do I really need an Apple ID?
S. If you use an Apple device or have an Apple service such as Apple TV + or Apple Music. In these cases, an Apple ID is required. On an Apple device, having an Apple ID allows you to access iCloud, track and protect your iPhone with Find My, synchronize settings if you have more than one Apple device, make App Store purchases, synchronize photos on iCloud and more .
An Apple ID connected to a precious Apple device even if your device is lost or stolen, because it can be traced with the "Find my iPhone" app. A function called Activation Lock, which linked to the Apple ID, prevents someone who has stolen your "iPhone" from being able to use it with a new account, effectively rendering it useless.
What should I do if I forget my Apple ID password?
If you forget your Apple ID password, you can use the function forgot password on iPhone, iPad, Mac or the web to reset your password. It is also possible that your Apple ID could be blocked with too many login attempts, but Apple has a procedure to unlock it, just go to this link.
On the previous page, click on Find out how to reset your password to find all the useful instructions. The solutions are different, here I propose the two-factor method.
Account with two-step verification
What is an Apple ID for?
The Apple ID is the gateway for your Apple devices and the account used for all Apple services and devices. Below we have listed some of the functions in which the Apple ID is used.
- Synchronization of content such as contacts, photos, files, messages, backups and more when CiCloud services are enabled.
- Finding a lost or stolen device with indFind My.
- Shop on the App Store.
- Shop on the Apple Store.
- Use services like "Apple Music", Apple Arcade and "Apple TV" +.
- Activation lock so that a stolen device cannot be used.
How to delete my Apple ID account and my data?
If you are no longer using your Apple ID because you have switched to another company with the new phone, you can delete your Apple ID. Likewise, if you don't want Apple to be able to acquire your data and information about you, you can delete it. The instructions are below.
- Open a web browser on your Mac, PC or iPad and go to privacy.apple.com. The option is not available on the iPhone.
- Enter your Apple ID email and password. Answer any security questions or authorize two-factor authentication on another device, if required.
- On the Apple ID and privacy page, select Keep on.
- In Delete your account, select It begins.
- Select a reason to delete your account from the drop-down menu, for example "you prefer not to say it" and select Keep on.
- Check the checklist of important things to know before deleting your account and select Keep on.
- Review the deletion terms and conditions, check the box Read and accept and select Keep on.
- Choose how to receive updates on your account status: the email used to create your Apple ID, another email address or by phone. Then select Keep on.
- Print, download or write down the unique access code, necessary to contact Apple support regarding your request, even if you wish to change your mind about deleting your account for a short time after sending the request. Then select Keep on.
- Enter the access code to confirm that you have received it. Then select Keep on.
- Review the list of important details once again and select Delete account.
- Apple will confirm that it is proceeding to delete your account on the website and via email. Apple says the process could take up to seven days. Your account will remain active while verification is in progress.
- Remember to sign out of the Apple ID on all devices and web browsers before deleting your account.
Deleting an Apple ID account and associated data is a big problem and should not be done if you continue to use Apple devices. Deleted accounts can no longer be reopened or reactivated in any way and deleting an account will remove access to photos, iMessage accounts, all Apple services including iCloud, App Store and more, and all iCloud content will be deleted .