Once achieved i root permissions on their own LG G2, seeing the doors wide open to a myriad of possibilities, one of the first steps to take to fully exploit the potential of many maneuvers and modding options represented by the installation of a LG G2 custom recovery.
The use of the latter becomes necessary especially if you intend to install one custom ROM, among the many possibilities that boast a greater interest, having access to a parameter management system to be able to perform the main wipes as in the case of TWRP Recovery, or one of the most used thanks to its compatibility with most of the ROMs on the scene.
The operation is not particularly complex, suitable even for the less experienced, and currently one of the best solutions to circumvent the problem of the absence of a mechanism that guarantees in a few steps the unlocking the bootloader. The entire procedure for installing the LG G2 custom recovery requires a maximum of twenty minutes with reduced risks, especially carefully reading each step before performing any movement, a highly recommended procedure.
Any operation requires initial settings to have everything you need at your fingertips and available quickly, thus eliminating downtime that can simplify errors. In this case you will have to check the following conditions:
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat upgrade: the advice, if you have not yet done so, to update the device to the latest release to obtain root permissions
- LG G2 root permissions: enabling permissions through IOroot for Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- USB Debug mode: the option, if active, accessible from "Settings", Voice"Developer options" and subsequently"USB debugging". If the path is unavailable, due to inactivation, you must remedy by following the path Settings, voice Phone Info to click on the Android build several times in order to view the message You are now a developer through which you will have activated the option to follow thanks to the path indicated in the first lines and in particular the item "Developer options".
- Download Apk Autorec: Mirror
Apk Autorec Method:
The LG G2 custom recovery installation procedure, in particular the TWRP, simplified thanks to the use of Apk Autorec whose primary function is to perform a downgrade of the bootloader by simultaneously installing a modified kernel in order to be able to exploit the system also on Android 4.4.2 KitKat, without having to perform a system downgrade.
The steps to be performed are relatively few, many of which also to be skipped if you have already performed some of the required maneuvers:
- Step 1: We update the LG G2 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat, in case of model D801 we perform a quick restart
- Step 2: We enable USB Debugging
- Step 3: We perform the root procedure LG G2 with IOroot for Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Step 4: We enable the use of applications with unknown origins
- Step 5: Save the AutoRec apk in any directory and install it through any file manager | Guide to the best file managers
- Step 6: We follow the procedure indicated by the app for the installation of the LG G2 custom recovery
Once the process is complete, we will be able to choose the chosen custom ROM that can be installed in a wide choice of types, especially thanks to the attention paid to development of one of the models most followed by the modding community.
The following guide for the installation of the LG G2 custom recovery functional for any type of variant of the Korean device, if you have a model F320 you may experience functionality issues in the ROM stock LG, for the feature Knock On solvable through the following mechanism: ?3845 # * 802 # "," HW Test Device " subsequently "Touch Test" is "Touch Upgrade Firmware" waiting a few seconds.
The guide is intended for illustrative purposes, with this the drafting of Android.Caotic does not assume responsibility for any damage occurred to your terminal during the steps, aware of the risks, well exposed, to which it is possible to incur.
Thanks for subscribing! Please check your email for further instructions.