FREE AMAZON VOUCHERS on Telegram> JOIN
Pages, the word processor for Mac developed by Apple. In this series of tutorials we see together to take the first steps to become experts! Part43: How to assign a style to an index
You can change the appearance of the text in the index as for any other text in a word processing document. You can also insert the guide dots between an entry and its page number and create new styles for the index.
To change the appearance of an index entry:
- In the index, select the type of item you want to format, for example a top-level header. All items of the same type will be automatically selected. They cannot be selected individually.
- To open the Styles drawer, click on the "Styles drawer" button in the format bar. The Styles drawer will display a list of index styles. The index style that corresponds to the selected item is also selected. When an index item is selected, the styles drawer displays index styles. Click the arrow and choose whether to redefine the selected style, create a new one or simply rename it.
- To change the font attributes of the Index header, use the controls on the format bar. You can also change the font attributes using the Font window, "Text settings" and the Colors window.
- To create the guide dots between an entry and the associated page number, select the index entry, click on the tab in the tab stop column of the Tabs panel of ?Text Settings?, then choose a line style from the menu Guide dots pop-up.
- To change the style in the Styles drawer to match the entry, click the arrow to the right of the style name and choose "Redefine style from selection".
Instead, to create a new index style, click the arrow to the right of the style name and choose Create new index style from selection, then type a name for the new style. To add a new style, you can also click the Add (+) button in the lower left corner of the style drawer. In either case, type a name for the new style, then select Apply the new style as soon as it is created if you want the style to be applied immediately to the selected text.
- 6 To rename the style in the style drawer, click the arrow next to the style name and choose "Rename Style". Type a new name for the style.
Are you looking for discounted smartphones? Buy them at the best price on >>> Amazon!
DO YOU WANT AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED FOR FREE? FIND HOW!
. (tagsToTranslate) tutorial pages (t) apple