More and more Android smartphone manufacturers are adopting on-screen navigation buttons instead of hardware buttons. The latest flagships from Android, including LG G6 and Samsung Galaxy S8 are the first examples of this phenomenon. Even though I don't have any problems with the buttons on the screen, it takes a bit of a distance from the beauty of a gorgeous display. In addition, some users find its constant presence a little annoying, especially in some specific apps. If you are one of those users and you are looking for a way to hide them, you are in luck. Not everything, you can also hide the status bar for a totally immersive mode on your Android smartphone. Therefore, here's how to enable immersive mode on any Android device without root access:
Prerequisites to enable "immersive mode"
Here are some things you need to do to get the "Immersive Mode" link in Quick Settings on your Android smartphone:
1. Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging
This is the simplest part of the tutorial and probably many of you already know it. Those of you who haven't done it before, just follow this path, Information on Phone-> Build Number and on top of it 5-6 times. This enables the Developer Options. Now go up Developer options is enable "USB Debugging" .
2. Installation of the "Shortcutter" app from the Google Play Store
You will need the Shortcutter app to ask you to activate immersive mode. a free app and you can install it from the Google Play Store.
3. Installation of Android Debug Bridge (ADB)
Android Debug Bridge or 'ADB' a command line tool that allows you to interact and control your Android device from your computer. There are various methods of installing ADB for macOS and Windows. We are sharing the easiest method to install ADB for both platforms:
Installation of ADB on Mac
First, open Terminal on your Mac. Now paste the following command and press Enter / Enter.
/ usr / bin / ruby -e "$ (curl -fsSL //raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)":
Now paste the following command. This will install the ADB on your Mac.
brew cask installa strumenti della piattaforma Android
Installation of ADB on Windows
To install ADB on Windows, go to the Android SDK download page and scroll down. Click on the link shown in the image and download the zip file. Extract the zip file and run the .exe file. Deselect anything other than "Android SDK Platform-tools" and then click Install. This will install the ADB tool on your PC.
Enabling the system's Wide Immersive mode
- Just to verify that everything is working well, open Terminal or Command Prompt and run the following command:
2. After running the command, you should see your device in the terminal with a alphanumeric code and a word "device" as unique as in the image. Now go to shell mode by typing "adb shell" on the command line and hit enter / enter.
3. Then enter the following command to give the necessary authorization to the Shortcutter device.
pm concedi com.leedroid.shortcutter android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
4. When finished, disconnect your phone and open the Shortcutter app. Go to the card "Tile Settings" and search for " Immersive / File Screen Tile "and enable it.
5. So, you will find the "Immersed mode" box in the Quick settings panel . If you don't see the icon, click on the "Button Order" icon and drag the icon to add it to the Quick Settings panel. Now, whenever you want to enter immersive mode, touch the icon and select "Complete" in the pop-up window. And voil, your navigation and status bar will disappear just like that.
You can also choose to hide only the navigation bar or the status bar. When immersive mode is enabled, you can simply swipe from the bottom or top to view the status bar or navigation bar.
Disable specific apps from using immersive mode
There are some apps that don't work with "Immersive Mode". Hangouts one of these. Of course, we can manually disable immersive mode every time we launch the Hangouts app, but where the fun is. There is a way to disable immersive mode for some specific apps. We will do this for Hangouts here. Connect your phone to your PC or Mac and start Terminal. Switch to ADB shell mode and then run the following command:
settings put global policy_control immersive.full = apps, -com.google.android.talk
Now every time you open Hangouts, immersive mode will be disabled by default. You can exclude any app that uses this. To do this, after the '-' sign, change the path for the app for which you want to deactivate immersive mode and the game is done.
Enabling immersive mode on Android
The navigation buttons on the screen of your Android smartphone may start to irritate you a little after a while. Enabling system level immersive mode will help you get rid of it until you really need it. This will please you more while browsing your social media feeds or browsing the web. In any situation, this is a useful feature to have. Do you like immersive mode on your Android smartphone? Tell us all about it in the comments section below.