FREE AMAZON VOUCHERS on Telegram> JOIN
Pages, the word processor for Mac developed by Apple. In this series of tutorials we see together to take the first steps to become experts! Part 15: Save a document
good practice often save the document in use. After saving it for the first time, you can press the Command-S keys to save it again while making changes.
If you're using Mac OS X v10.7 (Lion) or later, Pages automatically and frequently saves the document as you work, so you won't have to worry about losing the changes made to the document if the application closes unexpectedly. When you press Command-S , a snapshot of the current status of the document is archived. You can go back to this archived version of the document if you need to restore an image, setting or text that you have previously used and that you have modified or deleted since then.
To save a document for the first time:
- Choose File> Save or press the Command-S keys.
- In the "Save As" field, type a name for the document.
- Choose the folder where you want to save the document from the Where pop-up menu.If the desired location is not visible in the Where pop-up menu, click the disclosure triangle to the right of the Save As field, then locate the location where you want to save the document. If you don't see the Where pop-up menu, locate the location in you want to save the document to.
- If you want to open the document using Pages in iWork 08, select "Save Copy As", then choose iWork 08 from the pop-up menu. Or, if you want to open the document using Microsoft Word, select Save Copy As, then choose Word Document from the pop-up menu. If the document you want to save as a previous version of iWork is password protected, password protection is removed.
- If you want the document to show a quick view in the Finder in Mac OS X v10.5 or later, select Include preview in document.
- If the document will also be used on another computer, click on "Advanced options" and choose the most appropriate option: Copy audio and video to the document: selecting this box, audio and video documents are saved together with the document, so as to be able to play them when the document is opened on another computer. You can deselect this option to reduce the size of the document, but the multimedia documents will not be played on another computer unless they are transferred together with the document.Copy template images to the document: if you do not select this option and open the document in a computer on which the same model is not installed, for example if you have created your own model, the document may look different.
- Click save.
To check in a version of a document in Mac OS X v10.7 (Lion) or later version:
In general, Pages documents can only be saved on computers and servers that use Mac OS X. Pages that is not compatible with Mac OS 9 computers and with Windows servers that use Services for Macintosh. If you need to use a Windows computer, try installing the AFP server software available for Windows.
Are you looking for discounted smartphones? Buy them at the best price on >>> Amazon!
DO YOU WANT AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED FOR FREE? FIND HOW!
Previous articleMac Bundle: 10 Mac apps for only $ 49.99! including Parallels Desktop 8Next articleDownload Dream Aquarium Screensaver, turn your PC display into an aquarium
Degree in Computer Engineering and passion for technology in free time I scan the word wide web in search of the best news for you!