A few hours ago a first test version of Android 4.4 Kitkat for the top of the range Samsung Galaxy S4, good news for all owners of this device who were looking forward to the update to the new Google home operating system. Today we're going to see how to install one leaked version Android 4.4.2 Kitkat without therefore waiting for the official version to arrive, which could generate a wait for another couple of weeks.
Let's start with the data relating to the version of Android that we are going to install:
Android 4.4.2 Kitkat
Model: GT-I9505Country: Open EuropeChangelist: 276328Build date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 23:30:51 + 0000Product Code: OXAPDA: I9505XXUFNA1CSC: I9505OXAFNA1MODEM: I9505XXUFNA1Downloadlinks
Before proceeding with the guide toAndroid 4.4.2 Kitkat installation on your Samsung Galaxy S4, we must point out that this new firmware is still a beta version so it is possible that there are small bugs or malfunctions on it. Furthermore, this firmware does not increase the counter nor does it alter the device warranty.
- download the firmware from the link above, extract it and save it on your PC,
- now downloaded from the network 0din3 v.3.9,
- put the Galaxy S4 in download mode (voldown + home + power and then volup),
- start odin and select the firmware I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_HOME.tar.m d5 ? in AP,
- check that the partition is not selected and click on start,
- if the device went inbootloop go into recovery mode and do the two wipes.
Now you will have Android 4.4.2 on your Samsung Galaxy S4 without waiting for the release of the official version which, as mentioned above, will take place in a few weeks.
Thanks for subscribing! Please check your email for further instructions.