So you installed your basic WiFi router, provided by ISP, but it has too many drawbacks. The range of WiFi ugly, and perhaps does not support a 5GHz band, antennas that form the beam and extensive control over devices connected to the network, even remotely. If these are some things you're looking for in a router, you've done the right thing by getting the Linksys Smart WiFi Router EA7300 ($ 129, 96). This router will alleviate all these problems, and then some. Therefore, here's how to set up the Linksys Smart WiFi Router:
Configuring the Linksys Smart WiFi EA7300 router
For the most part, setting up the Linksys Smart WiFi Router is quite simple. However, if you're having trouble, this step-by-step breakdown will help you:
- Connect the Linksys Smart WiFi router to power on and insert the supplied Ethernet cable into the yellow port that says "Internet". The other end of this cable will go into your modem.
- You should be able to see the Linksys logo turned on on the router. Wait until the logo stops flashing and becomes stable . Under the router, you will see a sticker that says "Wireless network" and "Wireless password". On your computer, connect to this WiFi network.
- When you are asked for the WiFi password, use the password printed on the sticker under the router.
- Once connected to Wi-Fi, go to the Linksys Smart WiFi router configuration web page . The router will check for available updates and you can also set up automatic updates for the router.
- Once the router updates, you will need to set the SSID and password of your WiFi network. The SSID is basically the name that will be displayed on devices when looking for WiFi networks.
- If you change the name of the WiFi network, you will have to reconnect your computer to the WiFi network to continue the configuration.
- Once done, you will have to set a router admin password, so you can control the devices connected to WiFi, assign them addresses and do more. Once the router is set up, you will be shown the confirmation screen that will show you all the usernames and passwords you may need. It is recommended to write them down.
Creating a Linksys Smart WiFi Router Account
With the Linksys Smart WiFi Router, you can actually check your home network connection from anywhere, as long as you have Internet connectivity. You also have a myriad of cool features like Parental Lock, Device Prioritization, Drive Sharing and more. Creating the account easy and can be done in minutes; just follow the steps given below:
- When the router configuration page asks if you want to create your Linksys Smart WiFi Router account, click "next" .
- Fill in the form on the next page with your details. Make sure to use a valid email ID, since the verification email will be sent.
- On your email, open the verification email and click on the link to verify your account . then you can log into your Linksys Smart WiFi Router account.
With this account, you can handle easily everything about your router and the network to which connected. You can see the devices connected to your router and prioritize them. You can set up parental controls for devices, so as to limit the websites your kids can visit and you can view network maps to see which devices are connected to your network, in a simple illustration.
Also, if you download the Linksys app (free on Android and iOS) on your smartphone, you can do it remote all these things and much more!
Set up your Linksys Smart WiFi router and get more control
Setting up a Linksys Smart WiFi router is fairly simple and can be done by anyone willing to take 10 minutes of their time. Of course, there is also a manual setting mode, for people who just want to get into the clear details of how their network is set up. For the most part, however, using the Linksys installation is definitely the way you should go. In addition, I recommend setting up a Linksys Smart WiFi Router account, because it will give you access to a myriad of functions and allow you to control your WiFi network even remotely through the apps. So if you have a Linksys Smart WiFi router installed, share your experience with it in the comments section below.