With the help of this guide, you will be able to find out how to share your location in real time on Google Maps is Whatsapp. Many people are convinced that sharing our location in disturbing and insecure real time. It may be, but you can't deny the fact that it can sometimes be very useful. Suppose you are traveling, going home alone there is a chance that something unexpected will happen. At that moment, the position in real time could solve a big problem. At least you will feel safe knowing that someone knows where you are and he / she keeps an eye on you. So sharing the location in real time can be very useful.
There are many apps that allow you to communicate your location, but I don't think we have to use these apps since we have WhatsApp and Google Maps on our device, so why go looking for more. We use both of these apps for daily needs and both are safe, so we assume that we also use them for this purpose.
Now let's see how to share the location in real time on Google Maps and WhatsApp. There is one chance in 100 that users don't know how to share their location in real time on WhatsApp. However, I doubt many know how to share our location in real time on Google Maps.
How to share your location in real time on Google Maps
Before we start, let me tell you something else. You can use these same instructions and apply them to Android devices. Because both of these apps work the same way on Android and iOS.
- Google Maps is an indispensable app and there is no risk that Google Maps is not pre-installed on our Android and iOS smartphone.
- Now to share your location in real time on Google Maps. Open the app on your Android or iOS device.
- You will see a blue dot with your exact location. This is your current position.
- Click on the blue dot of your position and on the next screen, you will see these options.
- Share location.
- Add a missing place
- Set as a parking position
- Download offline map
- Tap Share location and follow the instructions below.
- When you touch up Share location …….
- You will get an option to report a time interval. Choose a specific time or Until you turn it off.
- Under these options, you will see your contacts and some apps on which you can share your location in real time.
After selecting the time interval, simply select a contact or select an app.
Stop sharing your location on Google Maps
also quite simple if you haven't chosen a time frame, so you have to stop it manually. Follow the instructions below.
- Touch the link that you shared with someone. So, choose Link sharing.
- A new pop-up will appear, turn off the switch and Google Maps will stop sharing your location.
Share your location in real time on WhatsApp
As I said before, I am 100% sure that everyone can do it. WhatsApp is the most used app by all smartphone users on a daily basis. Sharing a location in real time on WhatsApp is quite simple.
- Open WhatsApp and choose the contact with whom you want to share the location in real time.
- Touch the attachment icon "+?Right next to the text field. You will see several options, tap on Position.
- On the next screen, you will get two location sharing options.
- Real-time location.
- Submit your current location.
- Tap Real-time location. A pop-up message will appear with a warning, tap on OK.
- Next, you need to set the time interval in which you want to share your location. You have to choose from the following.
- Click on the desired time period and then tap the button Submit.
So you can easily share your location in real time on Google Maps and WhatsApp.