Through the well-known xda-developers forum we were able to ascertain the release, which took place just a few days ago, of a new custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 and i9000B based on the version of Android Ice Cream Sandwich. Below are the features and installation guide.
For those not yet aware of it, this is the RC 4.2 release derived from the same source code distributed by Google and created through the collaboration of several developers with particular care by Onecosmic. The ROM, although in an advanced stage, however, still to be considered in development, consequently it is reasonable to expect some small bugs even if at the moment most say they are solved.
The change-log compared to the previous version the following:
- New fixed framework = wifi fix included (without blur issues)
- New script to specifically set EFS permissions (hopefully fix people losing IMEIs)
- Reverted back to the ICS quick search
- News & Weather widget is back!
- Updated modem to JVU
While among the main features we point out:
- Google Apps full suite
- Complete hardware acceleration
- Fully functional RIL (Link Interface Radio = Calls / texts / data)
- Full Audio function
- Excellent response of the Touchscreen
- Fully functional Wi-Fi, bluetooth and GPS connections
- Both SD cards (internal and external) work well
- Functioning camera (video recording, photo, panorama mode)
- Fully functional wireless and USB tethering
- Fully functional sensors
- Extended battery life
A highly respectable equipment, which will surely give new life to our Samsung smartphone. We would like to remind all those who installed it not to hope for miracles as the basic hardware certainly will not change, slowdowns or small bugs will be possible, but overall we can talk about a definitely performing ROM, to be used safely to perform one's daily actions.
As usual, we remind users that flashing their original firmware invalidates the manufacturer's warranty and can lead to loss of files. Neither the site nor we assume any responsibility for damage to your smartphone.
Having made the necessary premises, we refer you to our forum where you can find the guide to install the Custom ROM RC4.2 on Samsung Galaxy S. While for more information you can visit the official thread on xda-developers.
Thanks for subscribing! Please check your email for further instructions.