Find a parking space it can be difficult in some situations, especially if we are in a hurry. What time are you in a new place, the waste of time finding the guaranteed parking space. Luckily Google Maps it comes to meet us through one specific function which allows you to find a parking space for our vehicle.
The functionFind parking of Google Maps, already introduced two years f and as the name implies, allows you to easily view the parking in a certain position based on the average availability of parking spaces in the area.
The function also shows a list of parking spaces and buildings for parking nearby, then marking its position on the map. This will not only save you valuable time to find a parking space, but will also allow you to plan your trip well before leaving.
With that said, let's see how to use the feature.
How to quickly search for parking with Google Maps
Before you start, be sure to own the latest version of the app Google Maps. Open the Play Store and update it if you have not already done so, it will always allow us to have the latest functions available.
- Enable GPS tracking on your smartphone;
- Open the Google Maps app and touch the blue buttonGoplaced at the bottom right;
- Now set the starting point and destination in the relevant fields;
- Then open the directions tab, you will see an "P" icon placed near the indicated arrival time;
- By touching it, the color will indicate the availability of the parking, red will indicate little availability while blue will have a good chance of finding it;
- It will also be possible to find parking spaces by touching the itemFind parking, which will display a list of places directly indicated by Google;
- Once you reach the parking lot, the app will provide you with walking directions from the parking space to the actual destination;
- You can also touch the blue dot for your position and touch the itemSave parking, so as to memorize the position of the parking space.
The function still limited to specific areas and may therefore not always be available. This however expanding and uses machine learning to analyze historical parking data.
Thanks for subscribing! Please check your email for further instructions.