GeForce Now, Nvidia's video game streaming service, exits the beta phase and is accessible even for free, but with some limitations.
Announced on the occasion of Gamescom 2019, GeForce Now offers access to the games installed on Nvidia's remote PC and thus "transforms" every laptop system, Mac desktop, Shield TV or Android device into a powerful gaming PC. Currently in service over 1,000 games are available (including free to play), a number destined to increase with the passage of time.
The free subscription to GeForce Now allows users to use the service in "standard access"with game sessions of one hour maximum: at the end of the hour, the system will disconnect the user who, if he wants to start playing again, will have to start a new session. The Founders subscription, at a price of € 5.49 per month, instead it guarantees priority access – i.e. you go to the top of the waiting list when you start a game – supports ray tracing and allows longer gaming sessions, up to 6 consecutive hours.
- GeForce NOW requires at least 15 Mbps for 720p at 60 fps and 25 Mbps for 1080p at 60 fps.
- You must use a wired Ethernet connection or a 5 GHz wireless router.
Supported mice, keyboards and gamepads:
- Most built-in or USB keyboards work well (Use of a USB gaming mouse for PC and Mac is recommended)
- DualShock 4 (with USB cable and Bluetooth)
- Logitech Gamepad F310 / F510 / F71 (only on MAC and Windows PC)
- Microsoft Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers (with USB cable)
- SHIELD controller (only on Shield TV)
- Xbox 360 gamepad (Android devices only)
Razer Raiju Mobile, Razer Junglecat, Steelseries XL, Steelseries Stratus Duo (Android devices only)
- macOS: version 10.10 or higher
- Mac systems that offer enough video decoding performance for streaming from GeForce NOW: iMac 20 ”Late 2009 and above, iMac 21.5” Late 2009 and above, iMac 27 ”Late 2012 and above, MacBook 2008 and above, MacBook Retina Mid 2017 and top, MacBook Air 11 "Early 2015 and top, MacBook Air 13" Late 2008 and top, MacBook Pro 13 "Early 2015 and top, MacBook Pro 15" Late 2008 and top, MacBook Pro 17 "2009 and top, Mac Pro Late 2013 and above
Windows PC requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 64 bit or later. 32-bit versions of Windows are not supported
- Dual core X86 CPU with 2.0 GHz or higher
- 4 GB of system memory
- GPU that supports at least DirectX 11
- NVIDIA GeForce 600 series or later
- AMD Radeon HD 3000 series or later
- Intel HD Graphics 2000 series or later
- Android with 2 GB and Android 5.0 (L) system or higher and support for OpenGL ES3.2 or higher.