Kodi – formerly known as XBMC, a very popular open source multimedia center that is loved and preferred by a large number of people. This is probably due to the plethora of plug-ins and customization options offered by Kodi. Kodi available for iOS but not officially available on the Apple App Store. While jailbroken iPhone and iPad users can easily install Kodi from its repositories, there are ways to install Kodi on iOS without jailbreak. Here are the ways to install Kodi on iPhone or iPad without jailbreak:
Method 1: using Xcode
The first method to install Kodi on your iPhone or iPad without having to jailbreak, is to use this accurate Xcode trick that allows users to install third-party applications from unidentified developers. To do this, here's what you'll need:
- iOS App Signer (Download)
- A Mac with the latest version of macOS
- The latest version of Xcode from the App Store (Download)
- A Kodi deb file (Download)
Once you have all this, that's it follow the steps given below to install Kodi on iOS 10:
- Launch Xcode and click on " Create a new project ".
- When you see the main Xcode interface, select "IOS" and click on " Single view application ". Then, click" Come on ".
- Give your app a " Product name " it's a " Organization identifier ". For this guide, user" KodiApp "as product name and" in.akshaygangwar "as your organization identifier. Then click" Come on ".
- Select a location to save the project and click on " Create ".
- In the interface that opens, click on the drop-down menu next to "Team" and select your name from the list.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac using a USB cable, e select it from the list of devices shown above, in Xcode.
- Subsequently, launch the iOS signer app which you downloaded. Click on " Browse " is select the Kodi deb file previously downloaded. In addition, in the drop-down menus for Signing Certificate and Provisioning Profile, select your details . Then click on " Start ".
- You will be asked for a path to save the output file, such as. Choose where you want the file saved and click on " Save ". iOS App Signer will then perform a couple of steps.
- Once the iOS App Signer has done its job, go back to Xcode . Here, click on " Window "in the menu bar and click" Devices ".
- Here, click the " + "under section" Apps installed ". Select the IPA files which will be exported by the signer of the iOS app.
- Xcode will then show your iPhone as busy for a while while install Kodi on your device . Once done, I will show Kodi in the list of installed devices, and you will also be able to see it on the main screen of your iPhone.
Before you can start Kodi on your iOS device, you'll need to trust the certificate on your iPhone. To do this, follow the steps given below:
- Go to Settings -> General -> Device Management.
- Here, tap the entry below " Developer App ", then touch" Trust ".
You can then launch Kodi on your iPhone and enjoy the full power of the XBMC app on your non-jailbroken iPhone.
Note : if you use a non-developer Apple ID (i.e. you haven't paid the developer fees of $ 99), you'll need to reinstall the app from Xcode every 7 days. However, if you load the app with a developer Apple ID, you can use the app for a year before you need to reinstall it.
Method 2: using BuildStore
While the first method was completely free, it required a lot of work, only to have an app installed on a non-jailbroken iPhone. So if you are looking for a much easier way to do it, even if paying the money, you can use BuildStore.
BuildStore a website that allows users to easily transfer apps to their non-jailbroken iPhones. However, you must pay $ 9.99 / year in order to access the service.
Installing an app from BuildStore is quite simple. That's enough go to the BuildStore website, search for the app you want to install e tap Install . The app will then be installed on your iPhone.
To start it, you will have to trust the developer certificate on your iPhone, as you did after installing the app via Xcode.
Use these methods to install Kodi on iPhone or iPad without jailbreak
With one of these methods, you can install apps on your iPhone 7 or 7 Plus without having to jailbreak. There are many apps that you can load with sidcode using Xcode. The BuildStore method is much simpler than using Xcode, but you will have to pay $ 9.99 each year to continue using the service. In addition, BuildStore only allows you to register a device. Therefore, if you want to use the service on multiple devices, you will have to pay the fees for each of them, which can quickly add up a lot, if you use many Apple devices that you want to run these apps on As always, feel free to share your thoughts on the methods that we discussed and, if you know of another easier way to install jailbroken app on a non jailbroken iPhone, please let us know in the comments section below.