In a general sense, media is a plural form of the word media. In mass communication, the media refer to the fundamental means of mass communication, which help in the dissemination of messages relating to the latest news, education, sports, entertainment and promotion of goods and services, to a large group of people, in one time very short . There are three main forms of mass media, namely print media, electronic media and transmission media.
The fundamental difference between print and electronic media is based on accessibility and coverage.
|Sense||Print Media, a form of mass media that provides news and information through printed publications.||Electronic media, refers to that form of mass media, which creates, delivers and accesses, news and information through electronic energy.|
|Literacy||One should be instructed to read the information provided.||Literacy, not the main requirement, as anyone can watch and listen to the information provided.|
|Deadline||The deadline exists in relation to the collection of news.||No deadline, as the news can be updated at any time.|
|Live discussion||Not possible||possible|
|coverage||Comparatively less||Of Pi|
|language||Easy to read||Viewer-friendly|
Definition of print media
The mass media, which use printed publications, such as newspapers, tabloids, magazines, books, magazines, brochures, etc. To spread information to the public, they are called Print media. one of the first and fundamental forms of mass media; in which there is an in-depth analysis and reporting of any information or news.
The message presented in the form of print media has a direct and lasting impact on the reader's mind. a common way to spread awareness or news about any particular event, on an area. It is also often used by companies to advertise their products and services because of its scope. However, the scope is sometimes limited, whether the newspaper, magazine or any other form of print media distributed only in a specific region.
Definition of electronic media
Electronic media, as the name suggests, are the means of mass communication in which electronic or electromechanical energy is required to spread news or any message to the public.
The primary sources of electronic media are audiovisual recordings, multimedia presentations, online content and so on. composed of all those devices, which are electronic such as television, radio, computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc. To communicate information to and from the public.
One of the advantages of electronic media that the message can be communicated to many people in no time. In addition, it uses a range of audio, video, text and graphics in one medium, making it the preferred medium worldwide. The content provided through it can be registered or archived for future use. Live programming is another important feature of electronic media, through which it is possible to transmit different events in real time.
Key differences between print and electronic media
The difference between print media and electronic media explained below, in points:
- Print media can be described as mass media, which are used to spread messages to the public through printed publications, such as newspapers, journals, magazines, books and so on. Conversely, electronic media is the new form of mass media, in which electronic devices or electronic energy are used for the creation and dissemination of news and information.
- The first and most important print media requirement that readers need to be educated to understand written content. On the other hand, literacy is not the main requirement in the case of electronic media, because it uses audio, video, images etc. Through which easy for the public to understand the content, even if they are illiterate.
- In Print Media, there is always a time limit for collecting news and any other information, as its publication due up to that time. By contrast, in electronic media, there is no such deadline for the collection of news and information, as it can be updated at any time.
- Print Media does not offer live discussions while electronic media offer live programming functionality, through which it is possible to discuss live.
- Print media coverage limited to a particular region, city, state or country. Unlike, there is a worldwide reach of electronic media.
- The language used in various forms of print media is easy to read, ie the information is provided in such a way, which is easily understood by the reader. On the contrary, in electronic media, this language is used to convey the message, which is known and understandable to a large group of people.
- When it comes to updating, print media is updated periodically, meaning that newspapers are published daily, while magazines and magazines are published weekly or monthly, etc. By contrast, in electronic media, news and information can be updated at any time.
The two forms of mass media, namely print media and electronic media, have proven useful in bringing about changing people's habits, beliefs and attitudes. It also makes people aware of the different types of crimes and unlawful behaviors that happen in society, as well as helping people to stay updated on various government policies and changes in the process.
These have made the world smaller and smaller, and the news can reach billions of people at once. In addition, it has become the main way of promoting and advertising goods and services.