Also this year, as usual, the WWDC 2016 from Apple, an event dedicated to developers during which the company presents the new operating systems, which will be released in the autumn for all users. Among the most awaited news we certainly find iOS 10, which did not disappoint. In addition to a small graphic restyle, several features have been added that make the interaction between the user and the applications better. In this guide we will see how to install iOS 10beta and try to preview the new features. If you want to know all the new features of iOS 10, I recommend you read our iOS 10 article: all you need to know where you will find everything you need to know about Apple's new operating system for iPhone and iPad.
UPDATE:on September 7, Apple released iOS 10 Golden Master. You can install it in preview by reading our guide how to install iOS 10 Golden Master on iPhone and iPad.
How to install iOS 10 beta
- The first thing you need to do is make sure that your device is compatible with iOS 10. This is the list of compatible iPhones, iPads and iPod Touches:
- Open this link on your iOS device that you want to update to iOS 10 beta.
- In the screen that opens, click on the name of the file to be downloaded.
- Wait a few moments and select the button Download.A settings page will open with writingiOS Beta Software Profile. Click onInstalltop right.
- If present, enter the unlock code of your iOS device.
- Confirm the installation by pressing the button againInstall.
- A popup will appear asking you to restart your device. SelectRestart.
- When the device has rebooted, go toSettings ->General ->Software updateand you will see an update to the iOS 10 beta. SelectDownload and install and wait for all operations to complete.
When iOS 10 beta is installed on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, you will have to make a small configuration, after which you can start using all the new features introduced by Apple in preview.
I remind you that iOS 10 still in beta, therefore there may be bugs and instabilities. If you find them, I recommend that you return to the latest stable iOS 9 version released for your device. To do this, simply connect the iOS device to the PC or Mac, start iTunes and perform a restore.