12 Whatsapp functions to know to be experts of the application and take advantage of all its tools quickly.
Everyone today uses Whatsapp, but only a few know how to use every function it includes. Becoming an expert on Whatsapp means not only making the most of its internal communication tools, but also wasting less time chatting, perhaps writing the same message to more people or explaining in words where we are. If in another article I had written gods hidden tricks and secrets of Whatsapp on Android and iPhone, this time let's do a summary of its native functions, options and possibilities, to be experts in this application are no longer just messages. READ ALSO: 10 New tricks and features of Whatapp
1) Chat from PC and reply to messagesWhatsApp now has a website from which to chat as if using the smartphone. The problem that the site only works if you have an Android smartphone (it doesn't work if you have an iPhone) and if your online mobile phone is connected to the internet. Whatsapp chat via web from PC only an interface dependent on the application that is in the phone.In addition to the web interface, as explained in another article, it is possible to reply to Whatsapp messages from the PC, from the notification that can appear on the screen, even without activating it and using Whatsapp via website.
2) Know the time when a message was read and deliveredNext to each message we send is the time we sent it. This time may be for different than the logging and reading. The delivery would be the moment when this message arrives at the recipient's mobile phone and the reading when it is actually opened and read. Then touch our message by holding down on Android or swiping left on iPhone to know the time of delivery and read. WhatsApp seen and read if the double blue sign appears
3) Disable the display for others of the date of the last time we used Whatsapp onlineA function to know if you don't want to let others know when we last used Whatsapp and thus keep a minimum of privacy to choose whether to show the last access to everyone, only to contacts or to anyone. application, in the form Settings and then move on Account -> Privacy to find the option.In this same screen you can disable the reading confirmation of Whatsapp and choose who can see our profile photo and status.
4) Send the same message to multiple peopleWhatsapp experts, instead of copying and pasting and opening different chats with various people, Whatsapp has a little known but very smart call function BroadcastFrom the main menu button at the top right you can then create a new broadcast, choose the people to be included and then chat so that what we write is received by everyone while what others reply to us is received only by us and not also from the other people included in the broadcast. READ ALSO: Whatsapp and Broadcast groups: notifications, chat options and help
5) Group chat changesOne of the best features in the WhatsApp arsenal is group messaging which can also include 100 people together writing at the same time. It is obvious that in a crowded group chat, receiving a notification every time someone writes becomes absurd. For this reason you can make sure that it is silent and does not make notifications appear on the phone. From group chat, press the options button and then put on silent. You can block notifications for eight hours, a week or a whole year. On Android, you can choose to continue receiving notifications in the top bar, without sound.
6) Email chatsIf you want to keep a chat or send a conversation to someone, you can do it on Android by tapping the options button and then tapping on Other and iPhone by tapping the bar at the top of a conversation window. The email will include both emojis and any media files and photos attached. In both cases, the default e-mail client opens with a message already prepared.
7) Add a conversation to the home screen (Android only).To quickly access the most frequent conversations, open one, then press the menu at the top right, go to Other and then touch Add link. An icon will appear on the Android home screen with the name of the contact or group and its image, not to mention that there are also three widgets for reading the conversation without opening Whatsapp.
8) Share the locationOne of the most useful functions of Whatsapp that you can easily tell a friend where we are in the chat, sending him our precise position via GPS or choosing from several suggested places or selecting a point on the map. On Android just press the attachment button (the black paperclip) and choose the Position while on the iPhone you have to touch the button Share lower left.
9) Forward messages and pictures to other friendsAs in the best email clients, WhatsApp includes a forwarding function to share a funny joke or a photo received with someone else within the same application, on another chat. On an Android smartphone, hold down on the message to be shared, tap if you want other messages by selecting them, then tap on the Next button at the top right and choose a new contact from the list. On iOS the process is a bit more complicated: long press on a chat message, go to the standard iOS sharing menu and choose Whatsapp. On both Android and iPhone, multiple lines of text and images can be selected.
10) Save pictures, photos, videos and audio messages to memory On iOS everything that is received in WhatsApp is automatically saved in the phone's Camera Roll and, from there, to all the other synchronized photo services such as Dropbox or iCloud. If you don't want this to happen, you can disable it in the settings under Chat Settings. On Android this option is missing because the received photos and videos are saved in a separate folder from the main Gallery. From the Chat settings, you can block the automatic download of multimedia files in order to save bandwidth and battery.
11) Chat backup and transferOn Android, WhatsApp chats are automatically saved on the device every day. On iOS, you can instead connect Whatsapp to iCloud to save conversations automatically.We talked about these procedures in the article on how to recover deleted Whatsapp messages and history
12) You can mute a single contact so that every message received is not signaled by the phone and you can also set a personalized ringtone. These are some of the news with August 2015 of Whatsapp (with middle finger between the emoticons)
13) Important messages, to mark some messages as favorites and find them easily as explained in the Whatsapp post: Stars, mark as read, backup and link.
Even if everyone knows it by now, I remember you can too call for free with Whatsapp, as already abundantly written.