Best apps for Android and iPhone to mix, make and create music and to play virtual instruments, for beginners and professionals
Playing with a smartphone or tablet may seem impossible, except that some applications have come out, for iPhone and iPad and for Android, really powerful that allow anyone to make and create music the easy way and to those more experienced than having available professional quality mixers and instruments. In this article we see the best apps for Android, iPhone and iPad to play with your fingers on the touchscreen, trying to privilege the free ones, without renouncing to mention for even the best paid ones. Like music making apps include music generators, mixers and sampling apps and synthesizers while to play there are the apps that work like virtual musical instruments. As you will notice, for iPhone and iPad there are certainly more musical instruments, although many of them are also available on Android. The best apps to generate or manipulate and mix music on iPhone and Android I'm:
1) GarageBand for iPhone and iPad for free, very powerful as a mixer and synthesizer, by Apple. It is a recording studio with piano, organ, guitar and drums to be played by touching the screen. You can also connect the iPhone to a real guitar to record chords. The app full of almost professional effects and tools.
2) Auxy the best music production app on the iOS platform for iPhone and iPad.Auxy tries to simplify the process of composing music with a keyboard to write loop melodies, bass lines and complex drum patterns that can be set using automatic tools. Auxy can be downloaded for free, with a monthly subscription of $ 5 to unlock additional instruments, thousands of samples and the ability to import your own sounds.
3) Bandlab for Android and for iPhone among the best applications to record music. BandLab a digital audio workstation that offers the possibility to record up to twelve different tracks, with a hundred virtual instruments and a huge library of rhythms and loops to compose songs. In addition, you can record instruments and your own voice using the phone's microphone. Garageband-like app, simple and easy to use.
4) humon, free for Android and iPhone, an app for people with zero musical knowledge who can use it to compose songs. The app transforms any song hummed to voice into music and capable of analyzing melodies and providing musical notation and chords based solely on vocal intonation.
5) Remixlive (Android and iPhone) a very innovative sampling tool to play loops and tracks to mix also with recordings. RemixLive is an extraordinarily capable app for mixing loops and effects in original compositions. The user interface is intelligently structured, offering users access to a variety of tools without confusion. The free version of the app gives you access to fifty free sample packs, while additional samples can be purchased.
6) As a free DJ Mixer, which shows the two turntables on the screen and allows you to mix music by switching from one song to another using a mixer you can install Edjing console on Android and on iPhone and iPad.The application is simple to use and allows you to mix thousands of songs thanks to the integration of the Deezer and Soundcloud online services.
7) The app for Android DJ Studio 5 another mixer with turntable, very similar to Edjing, which allows you to make DJs using your smartphone or tablet.Its ease of use makes it a good choice for beginners but that can also be appreciated for more experienced DJs.
READ ALSO: Best apps to DJ and mix discs on PC, tablet and smartphone
8) Figures for iPhone and iPad it creates music automatically and allows you to create bass lines by playing with time and sounds. There are predefined sounds and paid expansions to expand the samples to be used to create the melody.
9) Music Maker Jam by Magix per Android and iPhone / iPad a free app to create music from scratch by combining various sounds of musical instruments and mixing them together.With a multitrack interface you can overlay and combine different loops and chords so you can create a whole new and original music, to record or share.
10) Drummer for iPhone is DrumPads 24 for Android are two similar applications for creating bass rides and rhythms using a grid of buttons to touch and play. In a very simple way, you can create a base to play on or a rhythm to dance to.
11) Caustic 3 for Android a free app that works like a real professional synthesizer, full of knobs for playing with sounds and music. It is a very complete and powerful program on which you can also upload your own wav files. Caustic is also available for iPhone and iPad but it costs well 11 Euro.Caustic 3, on the other hand, a real digital audio workstation geared for musicians looking to compose synth-based tracks. Caustic 3 equipped with fourteen different machines, including multiple synthesizers, drum machines and vocoders, multiple effects and samplers, parametric equalizer and a sequencer. Caustic 3 is definitely not a beginner program.
12) SoundPrism, just for iPhone, an app to create music through a fill control interface, perfect for creating melodies and ringtones.
13) Songify and AutoRap are applications already described in the past, for Android and iPhone / iPad, for turn words into music or a rap
14) FL Studio Mobile, for Android and iOS a relatively expensive application, 15 Euros, which works as an almost professional recording studio to create music with multi-track.Ideally, it would be integrated with the FL Studio program for Windows PC, the most popular commercial music production software used even by famous artists.
15) Keezy sapp for iPhone to play music in an easy way by generating drums, bass and melodies each of which can be optimized, canceled and reconstructed without effort and without having to study music.
16) Ninja Jam, for Android and iPhone an app a little more complex to learn, but still that transforms anyone into a musician.The application is based on pre-recorded samples (many of which you have to pay for) and once loaded they can be manipulated .
17) SunVox, for Android and iPhone a professional app, a completely pattern-based sequencer not suitable for beginners.The app includes numerous modular synthesizers and effects processors, including an analog generator, a drum synthesizer with 120 built-in sounds, echo, distortion , reverb, vocal filter and a module to create synths and effects.
18) KORG Kaossilator an app that costs 20 Euros for iPhone and for Android. This is a real musical instrument, which uses a touchpad to manipulate the built-in sounds and create strange and wonderful music tracks. It provides five channels of audio to be activated at will, to create remixes and control loops in real time.
19) Loopy only for iPhone and iPad an ingenious and simple app to make music and record audio. Loopy offers six, nine or twelve empty loops on which you can record and superimpose sounds that may come from the iPhone microphone or from other apps that use AudioCopy and AudioBus or even from the recording of instruments. You can then manipulate and edit sounds, change the tempo, merge tracks together and overdub recordings on others. There is MIDI control for using Loopy with a pedal, making it an ideal tool for live musicians and street performers.
READ ALSO: Mix and create music from professional DJs on your PC with the best free programs
The best apps to play musical instruments virtually on Android and iPhone instead they are:
1) Touch Xylophone for iPhone and iPad e Xylophone for Android they play the xylophone which is also fun and especially for children.
2) Apps for playing the piano and learning (in another article)
3) Drum Set for iPhone and iPad e Drum Studio for Android to play drums using your fingers.
4) Guitar FREE Steel Guitar is Instant Guitar for iPhone and iPad, Real Guitar, Guitar solo lite is Virtual guitar for Android they are apps for playing the guitar virtually, touching the strings and creating chords.
5) Walk Band just for Android an app to play piano, drums, drums and guitar, to compose your own music even if you don't know anything about notes and staves. The application also supports Midi keyboards connected via USB.
6) Guitar Player an innovative and beautiful app that allows you to virtually play a guitar as if it were real, holding the phone with two hands and plucking the virtual strings. This is not for an application, but an optimized website for Android, iPhone or Windows smartphones.
7) Arpio, describes itself as a new musical instrument to be played only on Android even if you have never played any instrument before, and, basically, a sequencer.
8) Guitar Tuna Tuner Tuner, for Android and for iPhone an effective graphic guitar tuner that you just have to look and imitate to tune any stringed musical instrument.
9) Metronome for Android a metronome app to synchronize the rhythm.
10) Yousician Guitar, Piano & Bass (Android – iPhone), the best application for learning to play the piano and the guitar, really effective and simple, with lessons for beginners and those who are learning.
READ ALSO: Best music games for Android and iPhone