If you have installed modified roms or have obtained root permissions and now you want to install the original operating system again Android 4.3 on Samsung Galaxy S4, in this guide we show you how to install this version of Android compatible with this smartphone, or the version Android 4.3. The firmware compatible with Samsung Galaxy S4 with Snapdragon processor (model i9505). In addition, this guide is compatible with a PC with Windows installed.
NOTE: this procedure changes the Knox counter.
Android 4.3 guide on Samsung Galaxy S4
The procedure is not complicated, but Guideitech assumes no responsibility for the outcome of the operation or for damages that may be caused to the device due to incorrect execution of the procedure.
FOREWORD: By following this procedure, everything on the smartphone will be deleted. therefore it is advisable to make a backup of the sensitive data on the device such as contacts, photos and everything you want to save.
- First download the firmware with Android 4.3 from this link
- From this link download the Odin application, which will be used to install Android 4.3
- Now download and install the Galaxy S4 drivers from this link
- Switch off the boot and put it in download mode by holding down the button simultaneously Volume –, Home is Power
- When a warning appears, press the button Volume +
- Unpack the archive containing ODIN and the one containing the Android 4.3 firmware
- Start ODIN and connect the Galaxy S4 to the PC and wait for it to be recognized (in the upper left of the application the word COM must appear in a box followed by a number)
- At this point select the button PDA from ODIN and select the previously unzipped firmware file, that is I9505XXUEMJ5_I9505OXAEMJ5_I9505XXUEMJ5_HOME.tar.md5
- Select the button START and wait for the completion of the operation
If at the end of the installation the smartphone is stuck on the Samsung logo, then enter Recovery Mode holding down the keys Volume + Home + Power and select the wording Wipe data factory reset. Restart your smartphone and you'll end up with Android 4.3 installed.