One of the biggest things a smartphone maker can do is provide timely software updates. While Google's Pixel and Nexus devices get these results almost instantly, other OEMs often push updates for their devices a couple of months later. Well, not Nokia. Just a month after its release, Nokia announced the Android Oreo 8.0 update for its flagship Nokia 8. While still in beta, the update works great. So if you are wondering how to get the latest version of Android on your device, read on as we show you how to install Android Oreo 8.0 on your Nokia 8:
Install Android Oreo 8.0 Nokia 8 Via Nokia Beta Labs
Note : The following method may erase user data, so be sure to back up your data before proceeding. Also, keep in mind that this Android build is currently a beta build, so there may be bugs.
- To get started with the installation, you need to sign up for the Nokia Beta Labs program. To do this, go to the Nokia Beta Labs registration web page and sign in with your account associated with Nokia .
- Upon logging in, you may be redirected to the Nokia Forums website. Find the "Join beta labs" link at the top of the forum page or click here to visit the page directly.
- Now, you will be asked to validate your device. Enter your IMEI code and your network operator. Once completed, accept the beta software license terms and click "Register for beta lab".
Note : If you have problems with the previous steps, click here to find out how to find your IMEI number. In addition, you can go to Settings-> About phone-> Status-> SIM status-> Network, to check your network operator.
- If you entered your credentials correctly, you will receive a message on the screen that yours phone was validated, as shown below.
- Now that you have validated your device, you can request an update to your smartphone. Simply scroll under the section "Get beta software over the air" . Check the box next to the confirmation for instructions and click "Request OTA" .
- And that's all. Your Over-the-air request should have been approved now and you will receive an on-screen message similar to the one below.
- Now, on your Nokia 8 device, go up Settings -> About phone -> System update . Here, tap " Check the updates ".
- You should now receive an update for the build of Android 8.0 Oreo, which will start downloading automatically.
- Once downloaded, the update will automatically begin the installation. After installation is complete, you will be prompted to restart the device.
- And that's all. Android Oreo 8.0 now installed on your Nokia 8 device .
Note : While Nokia has only released the Beta Labs program for Nokia 8, it will soon be made available for Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6. As such, the above procedure will remain the same for the devices mentioned above.
Update your Nokia 8 to Android Oreo 8.0
A little over a month after its launch, Nokia has announced the latest update to Android for its flagship device. While still in its beta version, the ROM works well. It offers its users the opportunity to experience all the functionality of Android Oreo on their Nokia 8 device. It continues to show that Nokia is really concerned about its customers. With timely updates and excellent customer support, Nokia could in fact once again become the customer's favorite brand. But what do you think? Have you updated your Nokia 8 to Android Oreo 8.0 and do you think Nokia has the credentials to conquer the market? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.