The PDF (Portable Document Format) format is a very popular file format for exchanging texts, for this reason there are documents of all shapes and languages on the net. Sometimes we need to translate PDFs, some mistakenly extract the text to feed it to services that allow translating into other languages. In fact this would be the longest way. In this article we will see how to translate PDF online quickly, for free and without complicating life too much.
Translate PDFs and documents over the internet with Google Translate
We have already talked about Google's extraordinary translation service and the tricks to make the best use of it. Google Translate now also leverages AI to provide more accurate translations.
If you want to translate a document into PDF, just:
- go to the Google Translate page;
- click at the top right on the "Documents";
- always at the top choose the language of the document (we recommend leaving “Detects language“) And the one in which you want to have the translation;
- drag the PDF into the appropriate box, or click on "Choose file"And choose it through the resource explorer;
- once the file has been uploaded, you can click on the "Translate";
- Once the translation is complete, a new web page will open containing the translated document.
As you can see, everything is very simple and quick. For good rule we invite you not to trust too much the automatic translation of the text and to recheck it manually (to correct possible and probable errors).
Translate PDF online with Doc Translator
Just to meet the needs of those who translate documents, a convenient free site was born (accept donations). The site uses the Google Translate API but, unlike the Google service, it allows you to keep the formatting of the document (thus saving a lot of time).
The use of a very simple Doc Translator is enough:
- go to the service page;
- click on the orange button in the center of the interface that says "Translate now";
- drag the PDF document to be translated into the appropriate box or click on the "Upload file"And upload the document through the resource explorer;
- choose immediately below the language of the document and the one in which you want to translate the document;
- then click on the orange button “Translate"And wait for the completion of the process;
- once the translation is complete, click on the wording “Download your translated document!".
At this point you will have a PDF translated into the desired language. Attention, even in this case it is difficult to avoid typos and imperfections, we therefore advise you to manually check the translation of the document.
In addition to the translation of PDF files, Doc Translator also supports document format files: docx, odt, xlsx, pptx.
Translate text files online with DeepL Translator
It is a convenient site that uses neuronal networks to make translations, often offers excellent results. In all likelihood, DeepL Translator is the best alternative to Google Translate to translate PDF online. Unlike Google's solution, there are a limited number of languages supported: Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese and Russian.
Unfortunately Deepl Translator has two limitations: it does not support PDF files but only Word documents (docx) and does not allow modification of the downloaded file.
So if you have a PDF file before using this service you need to convert it to docx. Converting files from PDF to simple docx, there are many dedicated conversion services on the internet.
Once the file is converted, using Easy DeepL Translator is enough:
- go to the service page;
- click on “Translate File";
- select the document by dragging it, select the language on “choose the target language";
- wait for the translation time and download the translated document.
Use word to translate texts
Microsoft Word the word processor from Microsoft, not everyone knows that from the 2013 version it is possible to import and translate PDF files.
The excellent Bing Translator will automatically translate the document into PDF format. Using the very simple function, just:
- open the PDF in Word;
- click on the tab “Revision", And then on the button"Translate";
- then you can choose the item “Translate document"(To translate the whole file),"Translate"Selected text or"Mini translator";
- choosing will open a dialog that will ask the language in which you want to translate the document, then just click on "OK";
- Finally, a web page will open with the document or section of the translated document.