Apple, since the first iPhone 2G, has never allowed the transfer of files, images and music via Bluetooth, preferring other services such as iMessage and email. But there are many iPhone users who would like to rely on Bluetooth for file transfer, because it is more immediate and faster. So, the purpose of this guide is to point out a method that will allow you to send iPhone Bluetooth files to another iPhone or from iPhone to an Android device.
As we said, from iPhone it is not possible to send files via Bluetooth to all devices, although this has the advantage of transferring photos and documents without the need for an internet connection. Apple, realizing this limitation, with iOS 7 has introduced a new feature called AirDrop. Now this function can be found integrated on all iPhones and iPads with a version later than iOS 7. Let's see how AirDrop works to send files, photos and contacts between two iOS devices and between iOS and Mac. As you understand, AirDrop works exclusively on the inside the Apple microcosm.
Send Bluetooth iPhone files to iPhone and iPad
AirDrop a function integrated in the iOS and MacOS operating system for the purpose of sharing any type of file between these devices. Do not try to send files from an iPhone to Android, because it is not possible with AirDrop. Send simple iPhone Bluetooth files with this feature. Let's find out how to activate it and use it.
How does AirDrop work? It is a method that uses the device's Bluetooth connection, but it also needs to create an autonomous WiFi network. This means that WiFi must be turned on, but not necessarily the device must be connected to an external WiFi network. So, to send files with AirDrop, you must activate this function on the two iPhones that need to communicate, also you need to turn on both Bluetooth and WiFi. If you've done all of this, continue to find out how to send iPhone Bluetooth files to other iOS devices.
How to activate AirDrop? The function AirDrop is enabled by default. If not, you can turn it on or off in two ways.
- Going to the app Settings. From here you can activate detection for everyone, only for your contacts or completely deactivate the function. Go to Settings -> General -> AirDrop and select the item that interests you.
- From Control Centerof your iPhone. Swipe up from the bottom edge to open the Control Center. After opening it, hold your finger on the panel network settings top left. From the panel that opens, click on AirDrop and select the item that interests you.
Now you can share any files from the apps viaAirDrop,but only if the app concerned implements native iOS sharing. You will be able to share photos, videos, contacts, etc. if the option to share with AirDrop appears in the app. If you use iOS apps like Photos, Files, Contacts, Notes, Voice Memos, and others, they all have the AirDrop function implemented. Just access the app and you will see the iPhones around you that have the AirDrop function activated. You will notice this because the user's photo will appear with iPhone, which you must necessarily have in your Contacts. For example, select the photo to send, click on the photo of the person to send it to and instantly the photo will be transferred.Send iPhone Bluetooth files with other simple iOS devices.
It is completely different if you have to share files from iPhone with an Android device. Let's see how possible.
Send files from iPhone to Android
If you want to send a file from iPhone to an Android device, you cannot use AirDrop. No problem, because there are other methods to share files, photos and documents between the two different operating systems, but without the use of Bluetooth.
To share files between iPhones and Android devices, third-party developers who provide solutions that are also quite easy to use can help. To do this, you need an active internet connection and, depending on the speed of the internet, you can transfer any file. If your transfer speed is fast and without interruptions, without further ado, let's see how to share files between Android devices and iPhones.
- On Android you need to download and install the FTP Server app from the Play Store.
- On iPhone you need to download and install Documents 5 from the Apple Store.
Now follow these steps and you can transfer row from iPhone to Android and vice versa.
- Make sure both devices are connected to the same IP or on Android activate the Tethering network and connect the iOS device now.
- Install the app FTP server on Android without the need for any configuration.
- Documents 5 the free file manager for iOS devices.
- Start the FTP server on the Android device, click on the button Start / Stop on the screen.
- Now click on the second tab in Documents 5 and click on FTP server.
- Just type the IP that appears on the Android device in the Host Bar and clickSave.
- After the connection is successful, you will see all the camera roll files.
- Just select the folders and click on the Upload button.
- Now you will see all the selected data that is loaded quickly.
The latter solution does not use Bluetooth but the internet to share files. This is only because there are no solutions that allow an iPhone to transfer files with Bluetooth to other platforms.
Other methods of transferring files between iPhone and computer
The appSharablefor iPhone / iPad, Windows and Mac it allows you to share files between devices and also between phone and PC. You can install the app on each device with different operating systems, view the other connected terminals and select the files to be exchanged. The condition that all devices must be connected to the same WI-FI network.
Another Fast File Transfer app, even if aesthetically essential, the one that allows the transfer of files without any limit between Android devices but also from Android to iPhone via the Wi-Fi network.
Of this app, the function that allows the transfer of files directly, without going through an internet connection, is very interesting. The application is not required from whoever receives the file, so the recipient can also be an iPhone.
If you want to know how to transfer files between Mac and iPhone, I recommend you read this guide.
If, on the other hand, you want to transfer files from your Mac to an Android device, I recommend you read this guide.