Samsung has worked long and hard to bring the latest Android update to the Galaxy S7. After months of waiting, the official update was finally released Android 7.0 Nougat onSamsung Galaxy S7is Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. The update to the new Android operating system strongly recommended to all owners of these smartphones. In fact, it allows you to use all the new functions presented by Googlelast year. There are two ways to do this Galaxy S7 Edge updateand Galaxy S7 (read this guide).
The simplest mode allows you to update directly from your smartphone. But this solution cannot always be performed. For example Samsung has not yet sent the update to your smartphone. Or you have installed a custom ROM and you cannot directly receive the official Samsung update.
If you fall into this second statistic, you will have to use the second method (which I will explain in this article), which allows the installation of the firmware via PC. It allows you both to update an old version of the official Samsung firmware, and to return to the original firmware from a custom ROM, by installing version 7.0 Nougat of Android.
Galaxy S7 Edge update to Android 7.0 Nougat versionSM-G935F
If you want to know how install Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S7 Edge, in this guide I will show you how to do it using the second method, working both if you have an official firmware and a custom ROM.
NOTE: this guide compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S7template SM-G935F. Do not try to run it on other models of this smartphone, otherwise you could completely damage the device. To see which model you own just go to Settings -> Device info and read the model of your smartphone.
- The battery must be at least 60% charged. If it discharges during the installation procedure, you could damage the device.
- If possible, use the USB-microUSB cable supplied with your smartphone.
- Make a backup of all your sensitive data, as the smartphone will be formatted by performing this procedure.
- For this guide you need to use a PC with Windows installed.
- Download the Odin 3.12.7 tool on your PC and extract it.
- Download the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F. At the end of the download extract the archive to obtain a file with extension .tar.md5. Free registration required on the Sammobile website in order to download.
- On the PC, start the tool odin3.
- Turn off your smartphone completely and start it in Download mode. To do this, hold down the keys simultaneously Volume Gi + Home + Power until a screen appears with a warning message. At this point, release the three buttons and press the button Volume Up to enter Download mode.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC via the USB-microUSB cable.
- Wait for the PC to recognize the device. At this point on the Odin tool you will see the box under the heading ID: COM turn blue. If not, be sure to install the drivers for Samsung Galaxy S7 on your PC.
- Now click on the button AP and, from the navigation window, select the file with extension .tar.md5 previously downloaded.
- Now press the button Start and wait for the installation to complete, which will be signaled to you by changing the color of the box ID: COM from blue to green.
After the installation is complete, disconnect the smartphone from the PC and restart it manually. Initial startup may take longer than expected. Don't worry completely normal. After the restart, you can start using Android 7.0 Nougat on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge model SM-G935F.
The operation to update Galaxy S7 Edgead Android 7.0 Nougat very simple. If you encounter problems or have doubts, do not hesitate to contact us by leaving a comment at the end of this article.
If the internal memory of your Galaxy S7 is full and you want to transfer some apps to the external card, in this guide you will find the procedure to do it.
The Bixby Assistant can only be used on the new Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, but thanks to some developers, you can also install Bixby on the Samsung Galaxy S7. Find out in this guide how to do it.