Recently, the beta developer for the MIUI 9 update was released, which resulted in a lot of features and system improvements. Along with this, the update also includes 3 new themes. Each of these new MIUI 9 themes brings out its own individuality and makes sure that your Mi or Redmi device is amazing. Unfortunately, these themes are officially available only with MIUI 9 and Xiaomi has not made them available for MIUI 8. While the stable build of MIUI 9 still a couple of months away, if you have a device that is currently swinging the old MIUI 8 , but I can't wait to look like MIUI 9, here's how to get MIUI 9 themes on MIUI 8:
Get MIUI 9 themes on MIUI 8
- Download the ZIP file containing MIUI 9 themes from here. Extract it and transfer the files to your device.
- Download and install the app Free MIUI Theme Editor from here. Once downloaded, open it.
- When the Theme Editor app opens, tap the button "Browse" and go to the downloaded folder containing the themes.
- Once there, select the theme that prefer from the list of downloaded themes. You can choose between Color Fantasy, Cool Black and Limitless.
- Once the chosen theme has been selected, you will return to the MIUI theme editor main screen. To touch "Start" to continue. You will be presented with options to edit the status bar, app icons, etc. If you wish, you can customize them, otherwise simply press "Come on" .
- You will now be presented with the Export theme page. Change the name of the theme if you wish, then tap the button "End" to save the theme.
- A confirmation window will appear asking you to install the saved theme. Tap "Ok" . Once the theme has been installed, tap "Ok" and exit the program.
- Now open the Themes app on your device. From the main screen, touch the button "Download" to browse the installed themes. From the list of themes that will appear later, select the theme you just installed.
- Detailed information on the selected theme will now be displayed. Just tap the button "Apply" to apply the theme.
Likewise, you can install all 3 MIUI 9 themes on your MIUI 8 device.
New MIUI 9 themes
MIUI 9 has created 3 fantastic themes: Cool Black, Color Fantasy and Limitless. The Color Fantasy theme focuses primarily on bringing a bright experience across the device with the use of bright color combinations and colorful icons. The Cool Black theme, as its name suggests, is more of a dark theme, which follows a dark tone made up of blacks and grays. Finally, the Limitless theme is a Material Design theme, which follows the same material ideology as Google, with similar backgrounds, flat user interface and icons.
Try the new MIUI 9 themes on your MIUI 8 device
So, so that you can install the new MIUI 9 themes on your MIUI 8 device. Each of the themes should help you give a different look and make your device much more attractive. While the official MIUI 9 update for your device may still be a couple of months old, this is a nice way to get the MIUI 9 look and feel on your MIUI 8 device. So what are you waiting for? Install the themes and tell us about your favorite lottery theme and why you love it in the comments section below.