Email is something that we all go through in our daily lives and when it comes to email services, Gmail is arguably the most popular service out there. However, you need to come across many unsolicited emails every day, emails from spammers and even stalkers, who refuse to leave. The good news is that you can block email addresses on Gmail. So without further ado, here are the steps to block senders in Gmail from the web and the Android app:
Block an email address in Gmail Web
Blocking an email address in the Gmail web client is easy enough. Here's how to do it:
1. First, open Gmail on your favorite browser e Log in to your account .
2. Once logged in, go to an email from the sender you wish to block. Therefore, press the button next to the Reply button . From the options, click on the " Block ".
3. Then click " Block "to confirm that you actually want to block the email address on Gmail.
4. Emails from the blocked email address will go into the spam folder from now on, so you can be calm.
Unblock the email address in Gmail Web
If you managed to accidentally block an email address in Gmail, here's how to unblock it in Gmail web.
1. Open Gmail in the browser and log in to your account. So, go to Gmail settings by clicking on the cog settings icon on the right.
2. On the Settings page, go to the " Filters and addresses blocked "Here you will find all the email addresses you have blocked and you can unblock them in bulk or unblock them one by one.
3. You can also unblock an email address by going to their email and pressing the same button next to Reply and clicking " Unlock ".
On the Blocked Filters and Addresses page, you can even set the filters to make sure that emails with certain topics, or words, end up in the spam folder.
Block and unblock your email address in the Gmail app on Android
You can even block email senders in the Gmail app on Android. Here's how to do it:
1. Open the Gmail app and open the email from the sender you want to block.
2. Then touch the menu button with three dots in addition to the Reply button . From the options, touch " Block ".
3. The sender will then be blocked and messages from the blocked email address will arrive as spam.
4. To unblock an email address in the Gmail app, you can simply open the blocked sender's email, press the same three-point button as above and touch " Unlock ".
Easily block senders in Gmail to stop annoying emails
Well, those were the easy ways you can block emails from someone in Gmail. Unfortunately, the Gmail app on iOS doesn't allow you to block an email address, but you can always do it from the Gmail web portal. So, that was all when it came to blocking email addresses on Gmail, but if you have any doubts, let us know in the comments section below and we will be happy to assist you.