If you are an Android user using Nova Launcher, you may have heard people talking about the themes or settings of the Nova launcher. However, you may have noticed that Nova Launcher (and its Prime version) lack "Themes" functionality. This is really disappointing because various other launchers include theming options or a themed shop, but the good news that you can create your own themes with Nova Launcher. The thought that goes into creating a theme can be quite expensive and time consuming and therefore, we have decided to do the hard work for you.
We played with the best widgets, wallpapers, icon packs, and of course the various settings of Nova Launcher and created 10 fantastic Nova Launcher themes. Therefore, here are the 10 fantastic setups or themes of Nova Launcher to give your Android device an additional personality:
Note : Some features and options are only available in Nova Launcher Prime ($ 4.99). In addition, we mentioned the price if a paid app is available for a particular theme. If you are a beginner when it comes to Nova Launcher themes, check out our post on how to create your Nova Launcher themes.
1. Colorful flat theme
If you are looking for a theme with flat icons and a colored background, this is the one for you.
- Wallpaper : Wallrox (Matexial 28)
- Icons : Voxel Icon Pack
- widgets : Zooper DavrDate, custom Zooper widget (Zooper Pro $ 2.99), Shuttle (transparent with black accents)
- Nova settings : Desktop and Dock icon size (110%), Folder preview (Stack), Folder background (Disk), Desktop scrolling effect (curtain), Animation (Relaxed).
2. Material design theme
Love the Google Material Design UI language on Android as standard? So, you should take a look at this Material Design Nova Launcher theme. We used a background for the material and the Polycon icons give Google icons a nice twist.
- Wallpaper : Wallrox (Material 37)
- Icons : Polycon Icon Pack
- widgets : Minimalist Clock, Minimalistic Text Battery, Buzz Weather
- Nova settings : Desktop Grid (4 4), Icon Size Desktop & Dock (120%), Persistent Search Bar activated, Search Bar (Bar Style 2, Logo Style 5)
3. Dark theme
Not everyone is a fan of the bright colors used in Android and if you are one of them, you will surely appreciate the Dark theme. The Dark theme is not only dark on the home screen, but also in the app drawer and other pages, thanks to Nova's night mode.
- Wallpapers : Wallrox (BW30)
- Icons : Min Icon Pack
- widgets : minimum UCCW widget, Shuttle (transparent), 1Weather (white accents)
- Nova settings : persistent search bar activated, search bar (bar style 3, logo style 4), night mode (always)
4. Colorful theme
Do you like the bright colors sprayed on all your Android homescreen? If yes, the colorful theme should definitely make sure that your device's display is beautiful.
- Background : HD Wallpapers (Sharp Aotaro Colored Pencils)
- Icons : Rondo Icon Pack
- widgets : Rondo Clock, 1Weather
- Nova settings : Desktop and Dock icon size (120%), Persistent search bar activated, Search bar (Bar style 2, Logo style 5), Page indicator color (yellow), Folder preview (Grid), Folder background (Circle)
5. Landscape theme
The Landscape theme offers a beautiful scenic look to the Android home screen and make it spend more time on the home screen of the device.
- Background : HD Wallpapers (Kirt Edblom Don't let the sun set on me …)
- Icons : Alos Icon Pack ($ 0.99)
- widgets : Zooper Texty, 1Weather
- Nova settings : Hide notification bar
6. Android theme N
While there are other ways to get the appearance of Android N on any Android device, you can also do it through our Android N Nova launcher theme.
- Background : backgrounds Wallrox (Android N 1) or Android N
- Icons : Moonshine Icon Pack
- widgets : Stock Digital Clock
- Nova settings : Desktop and Dock Size Icon (140%), Scroll Effect (Simple), Wallpaper Scroll (None), Folder Preview (Grid), Folder Background (Android N Design), Persistent Search Bar On, Search Bar (Style slash 1, Logo Style 1)
7. Minimal theme
The Minimal theme aimed at people who like to keep things simple and clean. The theme brings everything there and also beautiful.
- Background : Minimum Live Wallpaper
- Icons : Nimbbi Icon Pack ($ 0.99)
- Widgets : UCCW Dresses Clock, 1Weather, Month Calendar
- Nova settings : Search bar (Bar style 1, Logo style 2)
8. Fun theme
Here's a fun Nova Launcher theme for you! The fun theme brings some playful icons and we definitely love that wallpaper.
- Wallpapers : Wallrox (Superman)
- Icons : Dark Icon Pack ($ 0.99)
- widgets : Zooper Clokr, Shuttle (Transparent)
- Nova settings : wallpaper scrolling (none), desktop scrolling effects (zoom fade)
9. Theme of nature
How about unlocking your Android phone every day and getting a nice serene view of mother nature, it seems peaceful, right? Well, the nature theme should definitely do it!
- Wallpapers : HD Wallpapers (John Mcsporran Fulton's Trees)
- Icons : Elun Icon Pack ($ 0.99)
- widgets : Dash Clock
- Nova settings : App Drawer Wallpaper (Transparent), Hide notification bar
10. Iron Man theme
The Iron Man theme for all comic movie fans who can't get enough of their favorite heroes. Honestly, this is our favorite theme.
- Background : Iron Man art
- Icons : Golden Icon Pack
- widgets : Zooper Theyrecoming, Shuttle (Transparent), 1Weather
- Nova settings : wallpaper scroll (none), hidden notification bar, app drawer background (transparent)
We love the black and white look of our website and therefore ended up creating a coolGadget-Info.com theme for us. Check it out:
- Wallpapers : Beebom
- Icons : Whicons
- widgets : Zooper Ludek, Shuttle (transparent), 1Weather
- Nova settings : Desktop and Dock icon size (140%), Persistent search bar activated, Search bar (Bar style 3, Logo style 6), Wallpaper scrolling (None), Application drawer background (Transparent)
Note : the themes in which we did not mention the icon size or the scrolling effect or any other option, we left it at the default in Nova Launcher Settings. Also, in case you want to restore all the changes made to the Nova Settings, you can do it only by selecting Settings-> App-> Nova Launcher-> Storage and "Clear app data".
Try these Nova Launcher themes
Well, these are some themes that we have created for you but you can definitely take our model and add your personal touch to it. Also, we'd love to see the Nova Launcher themes or settings you've created. Play the sound in the comments section below with your themes and if you have any doubts about the above themes.