The situation has changed a lot compared to the times when to listen to our favorite music it was necessary to buy several discs or download thousands of mp3 songs and organize them. All these methods have now been supplanted by instreaming music, which allows you to access tens of millions of songs in one way simple and quick.
The novelty so comfortable that it quickly entered the habits of millions of people, and today it is music streaming a consolidated reality. Most people now know Spotify, but this is not the only solution on the market that offers many valid competitors, each of which allows you to listen to streaming music on Android and iOS, as well as on a flood of other platforms, such as PCs, smart TVs, consoles and modern cars equipped with an integrated smart system.
In the next paragraphs we will elaborate on where you should listenstreaming songs, with the best version services available Free it's at payment, how they work and the relative prices, starting from the most famous service, that is Spotify and to follow all the alternative services, leaving out the low quality services.
Music Streaming: the best services
Please note that this is not a ranking in order of importance but dedicated to all those streaming music services that we have tried and whose characteristics you can know: both in free version (with often present limitations and advertising intervals) and in version payment with generally monthly / annual subscriptions.
Amazon Music Unlimited
Even the e-commerce giant has launched into the lucrative world of online music streaming with excellent service with an impressive catalog. Unlike the two competing solutions mentioned above, Amazon Music Unlimited does not have a free listening mode.
It offers two versions:
- The basic rate was 9.99 per month (often discounted for 3 months at 99 cents), which offers unlimited streaming in high quality and the possibility of downloading songs for offline listening. Prime subscribers are entitled to two months free each year.
- That family that costs 14.99 per month and allows access to 6 accounts simultaneously. Again, Prime subscribers are entitled to two months for free each year.
It is a young service,but very good, which is enjoying moderate success. The Cupertino giant has recovered much of the disadvantage it had compared to rival platforms with the acquisition of Beats. The maximum quality available 256 kbps, more than enough to satisfy even those looking for a good quality of reproduction, and interesting is the radioBeats 1 station which sees the constant participation of important guests and famous DJs. Apple's popular music streaming service does not offer any free versions. Here are the plans available:
- Individual, at 9.99 per month (first three months free) you will have everything the platform offers, possibility to download the songs included.
- Family, a plan identical to that of competitors at 14.99 per month (first three months free) offers the possibility of using 6 accounts simultaneously.
- Students, similarly to that of Spotify, a discounted plan for students, who will thus pay an individual account 4.99, also possible to have a 3-month free trial.
Google Play Music
The music streaming service by Google born in 2011. It offers a good number of songs and many convenient functions. For obvious reasons, the service is more integrated with the Android system. It offers good playback quality up to 320 kbps and a good number of songs. You can use Play Music with different plans, without subscription, through the site and the app. You can stream and download only your music uploaded to the cloud (up to 50 thousand songs).
The available plans are:
- Play Music Personal, which gives access to streaming songs and convenient online radios. The price is the usual 9.99 per month.
- Play Music Family the usual family subscription that at 14.99 allows 6 accounts to use the service simultaneously.
To access the offers, open the Play Music website and then click on Shop / Shop in the sidebar.
YouTube is obviously the reference on-demand video platform but many users have always used it exclusively for listening to music and mp3.
The colossus certainly could not stay and watch after many streaming music services came out, and here was born YouTube Music, a service still little known in Italy but certainly at the level of others in terms of the offer and availability of the albums.
The Free version of YouTube allows listening to songs with advertising and if you use the app on iPhone or Android, the latter must be in the foreground for listening. Instead, there are plans that are completely ad-free and dedicated to families. Not to be confused with the subscription called "YouTube Premium" which is aimed at those who are also interested in the video platform. The confusion arises from the fact that the Music service also has the premium denomination.
So let's see the offers dedicated exclusively to streaming music:
- YouTube Music Premium: trial for 1 month and then 9.99 allows background listening through apps available on phone stores, listening to music without advertising and especially offline (without internet connection).
- YouTube Music Premium Family: the characteristics of the previous "family format" subscription: allows 6 people to use the same subscription to hear music via the Music platform. The price in this case of 14.99 (attention to the limitation imposed on the use by the six people who must be "in the same place".
To learn more about the features of the service offered, read our article: Everything on YouTube Music.
Our study has ended, if you like listening to music with your smartphone here are some articles that may be of interest to you: